PDA

View Full Version : the best combo

1crzybenz
07-09-2004, 03:01 PM
what is the best combo for a 1995 c220

i found Koni Sport Shocks and Eibach & H R Springs. but the thing is they said that the drop is 1.5"

That wont make any diffrence on my car. My car is really up there. Id need atleast a 2 - 2.5 " drop. Are there any shocks for my car that can provide thsi drop on a 17" rims.

Thanks guys

SLAMMED_C
07-09-2004, 07:05 PM
well you can either go with a Eibach springs set-up and get a 1.2" drop in the front and rear, the H&R kit with something like 1.4" drop in the front a 1.3" drop in the rear.
you can further lower your car (not by that much mind you) with thinner shim pads for the springs. (bought from the dealer)
and if you really want to lower your car more, you can cut a coil off each spring (wouldnt reccommend any more than a coil)

Are there any shocks for my car that can provide this drop on 17" rims.
as for shocks.. either Koni's or Bilstein sports. but the shocks will not lower your car.. just provide sportier handling with the different valving in the shock for dampening.

fastmayte
07-09-2004, 07:08 PM
u know i'm thinkin about the same thing too. i've got a 95 c220 too and the drops are like 1.2 to 1.4 but when i see pics of cars, the look like a 2" drop. i have a 3" gap in teh front. i dont' think spring pads make much of a diff. so maybe those numbers are not actual?

hr's are stiff and eibachs are soft. i'd go with eibachs. i'm goin with bilstein too. but koni's are coo. think eibachs are good for you if u're going with koni adjustables so u can control teh stiffness unless u like a really stiff ride.

1crzybenz
07-09-2004, 09:48 PM
i think im going to buy the H & R Cup Kits. they are not adjustable but they have a 2.3" drop on the front 1.5" on the back. Its like 600 CND 418 EURO. get them off

www.ebay.de or US site but more expensive there.

i answered my own question:)

JRE320
07-15-2004, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by 1crzybenz
i think im going to buy the H & R Cup Kits. they are not adjustable but they have a 2.3" drop on the front 1.5" on the back. Its like 600 CND 418 EURO. get them off

www.ebay.de or US site but more expensive there.

i answered my own question:)

You can asked MBATF about the cup kit.. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :bored: why is he sellin it. :rolleyes: