PDA

View Full Version : "Lights out" indicator after installing HID !!

Kswiss
07-10-2004, 03:08 PM
I searched and searched, and i still kind of don't understand if this is actually correct.

On page 2 of this link ...

http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1868&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

Nokia says that he did this for his fathers e39. Will i be doing the same thing for my w202?

I have upgraded to hid kit that runs a 35 W bulb. I'm not sure if this technique is the same.

I need complete instructions in detail because i'm a noob and don't know what the hell i'm doing. I'm going to give my friend all your ideas and see what he can do since he knows alot about doing shit like this. Please give clean instructions.

I searched and searched so please don't tell me to search. All i need is one person to tell me exactly what i need to do . I e-mailed a couple people who already did this, but no help. Please help me out.

MDS
07-10-2004, 05:20 PM
i also got light warning on my dash after i install my HID :(

Kswiss
07-12-2004, 04:41 PM
Please help us.

Rocky
07-13-2004, 04:34 AM
With HID kits, do you still need to turn on the Xenon option in the car computer? You have to bring your car in to the dealership to get that set I believe.

SLAMMED_C
07-13-2004, 07:06 PM
I installed an HID xenon kit on my car and had no problems afterwards.. no bulb malfunction light at all. works mint.

what kit are you guys using?

MDS
07-13-2004, 08:17 PM
i used philips

SLAMMED_C
07-14-2004, 06:22 PM
how did you wire the kit in??
Im using Hella ballasts and osram bulbs.. just made a set of wires that go into my stock bulb wire harness (so i dont have to cut into my wire harness) and go to the ballast... thats it.