PDA

View Full Version : I finally ordered shocks for my car...

KWiK
07-14-2004, 09:44 AM
It took forever to make up my mind, but I finally ordered new shocks for my C43. I decided on the Koni Externally Adjustables. Can't wait to get them because my stock ones aren't doing so well...

Eurosport
07-14-2004, 01:06 PM
now only Denlasoul is left to do this on the whole planet ;)

MBDragracer
07-14-2004, 03:56 PM
What? Den is the one that talked me into getting my konis and he doesn't even have them on his ride yet?? Get it together Den!;)

07-14-2004, 11:20 PM
Are they (I refer to the Koni yellow externally adjustable) the new Koni product (see my previous post)?

I'm also waitnig to install them with H&R in few weeks (hoping!).

They are offered me with 100Euro extra respect the old version (also Koni yellow but not externally adjustable).

Please inform us how they will work and which set-up you'll utilize.

Marco:)

KWiK
07-15-2004, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by 1998K
Are they (I refer to the Koni yellow externally adjustable) the new Koni product (see my previous post)?
Yes, these are the new externally adjustable ones (8041-1315 front and 8041-1316 rear)

Please inform us how they will work and which set-up you'll utilize.
I already have Brabus springs installed. I will post my impression of the combination once installed.

07-15-2004, 10:43 PM
Ok KWiK, thanks:)

It's really curious that Koni has developed this new product line after our W202 are out of production since a lot of year.

What do you think guys?

MBDragracer
07-16-2004, 06:19 AM
I think I should have waited to get the externally adjustable model. Although, I have been very happy with my current settings, medium front, hard back - I've been able to actually get the car to oversteer a tad. Great product, especially when coupled with good springs - I've got the ever-popular H&Rs.

KWiK
07-24-2004, 07:01 PM
well, I put them on today.

I can't believe I waited so long...These shocks are sooooo much better than the stock bilstiens. The stockers felt harsh at times, but the Koni, even at full stiff, are much smoother.

oh, it only takes 5 minutes to change the settings on all 4 shocks and that includes moving the truck liner out of the way.

For those that don't have Koni's, you are missing out on a great ride.

I give them http://www.club202.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif http://www.club202.com/forums/images/icons/icon14.gif

07-25-2004, 10:34 PM
KWiK thanks a lot for your information. Very appreciated since I'm waiting, hoping not so much again (money rule), to install this new Koni set up with H&R.

I'm wondering to cut/open a hole in the trunk liner, to fast adjust the rear set up.

So you utilize all the maximum stiff both for front and rear?

KWiK
07-25-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by 1998K
I'm wondering to cut/open a hole in the trunk liner, to fast adjust the rear set up.
You can, but I didn't. The liners pull back easily, so no need...

So you utilize all the maximum stiff both for front and rear?
At the moment yes, but I'll be trying different settings to see what I like the best.

Sunapollo
08-09-2004, 06:17 PM
Hello kWik ,

where did you order the koni shocks ??

Thank you!
Sun

KWiK
08-09-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Sunapollo
Hello kWik ,
where did you order the koni shocks ??

Thank you!
Sun
I phoned my order to PURE motorsport (http://www.purems.com/) , but I would expect you can get them from your favorite shop...