PDA

View Full Version : C36 Kit

c_lee
07-20-2004, 10:22 AM
Question on those replica kits that are out there for the the amg c36/c43 kits.

are they any good?

has anyone had any exp with them??

thanks!

steponit
07-20-2004, 10:12 PM
yeah im still curious about those too. i know i brought up erubuni (sp?) before but someone mentioned fitment problems, which is probably the case with most replicas. anyone's input would be appreciated, right lee?

202rules
07-21-2004, 10:45 AM
I got my C36 fiberglass body kit from autorice, errr.

Anyway, fiberglass in general is a bitch, my side skirts came cracked, really bad and I managed to get some money back from shipping, but I had to fix them myself with the help of a friend coz body shops gave me too damn high estimates for fixing them.

Not only that, but the side skirts didn't fit right, they were too straight, they have to be curved to follow the shape of the side of the car, so i had to crack them and bend them and fix them again.

The front and rear bumper covers were ok, they don't fit in just like that, I made tabs similar to the ones on the real impact strips and they slided right in place, they stick out a little bit on the edges, not a perfect look like the real ones, but they're really unnoticable.

I would try to get real side skirts if I were you, the front and rear bumper covers are good, no problems there, but the side skirts might be too thin or just don't fit like mine.

The other thing is fiberglass is a bitch to paint, so expect high estimates to paint it, it's all due to the gruesome amount of prep work they have to do.

c_lee
07-21-2004, 10:57 AM
other words...

buy the real deal!

BrabusCClass
08-06-2004, 04:39 PM
After doing lots of research, I ended up buying the real one after my original got busted.

BenzMeister
08-06-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by 202rules
I got my C36 fiberglass body kit from autorice, errr.

Anyway, fiberglass in general is a bitch, my side skirts came cracked, really bad and I managed to get some money back from shipping, but I had to fix them myself with the help of a friend coz body shops gave me too damn high estimates for fixing them.

Not only that, but the side skirts didn't fit right, they were too straight, they have to be curved to follow the shape of the side of the car, so i had to crack them and bend them and fix them again.

The front and rear bumper covers were ok, they don't fit in just like that, I made tabs similar to the ones on the real impact strips and they slided right in place, they stick out a little bit on the edges, not a perfect look like the real ones, but they're really unnoticable.

I would try to get real side skirts if I were you, the front and rear bumper covers are good, no problems there, but the side skirts might be too thin or just don't fit like mine.

The other thing is fiberglass is a bitch to paint, so expect high estimates to paint it, it's all due to the gruesome amount of prep work they have to do.

twice, I'll never order from them again.

Superpnoy
08-16-2004, 09:58 PM
where can i find a real one?

BenzMeister
08-17-2004, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Superpnoy
where can i find a real one?