PDA

View Full Version : Bumper alignment

JRE320
05-31-2003, 05:05 PM
I was just looking at J's front bumper and it seems like we had the same problem alignment from the left side (facing the car). Any clue on how I can correct this problem?

nokia8860
05-31-2003, 06:18 PM
pull it off and slide it back on taking note how it slides onto the rail. then you will be able to tell where the alignment problem is.

pnsji
05-31-2003, 09:56 PM
what kind of miss allingment are you having?
up and down?
inner and outer?

JRE320
06-01-2003, 10:04 AM
Thanks guys. It's kindna hanging down. I'll try to pull it out again and reinsert it and try to adjust from there. I think I'm missing some clips that holds the outer face of the bumper.

pnsji
06-01-2003, 10:22 AM
For up and down, the bumper is held by 4 screw in the front.
For in and out, the bumper is helb bu 1 clip of each side.
Do what you need to do is take out the bumper, readjust the clip position on left and right and try to insert the bumper again.

MBATF
06-01-2003, 11:04 AM
mine is all broken n shit......i don't even botehr to adjust anymore..

JRE320
06-01-2003, 12:25 PM
I'll see once I pull it out but I believe I need to adjust it from the 2 inserts on each side to tuck it in better on both side. I'll let u know what happen's next. Hehehehehe... something to play around with again and learn from it too. :D ;) :cool:

Alps
06-18-2003, 06:23 AM
Hi all,

new here and its my first post on club202!!

ive had the same sagging prolem on my bumper, i have already bought the brackets and bracket holders for each side but havent put them in yet, normal adjustment just didnt do anything!

Rocky
06-18-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by pnsji
For up and down, the bumper is held by 4 screw in the front.
For in and out, the bumper is helb bu 1 clip of each side.
Do what you need to do is take out the bumper, readjust the clip position on left and right and try to insert the bumper again.

I riveted those clips into the bumper where the chrome strips cover. Sturdy as hell now and no sag.

I riveted the clips near where the headlight meets the grille, where when yuo take of the bumper ther are foam pads and 2 mount looking things...they protrue a thing that fits onto the bumper..i riveted those into the bumper itself.

JRE320
06-18-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Alps
Hi all,

new here and its my first post on club202!!

ive had the same sagging prolem on my bumper, i have already bought the brackets and bracket holders for each side but havent put them in yet, normal adjustment just didnt do anything!

Welcome and enjoy your stay here at club202. ;) :)

Alps
06-18-2003, 07:44 AM
thanks JRE

is yours the white 202? if so what spoiler id that on the back? looks cool!

JRE320
06-18-2003, 07:55 AM
thanks JRE

Schaetz flat wing. ;) :)

714guy
06-18-2003, 08:49 AM
thanks JRE

thats the notorious spoiler, the most sought after commodity for my 202 too.

Yeah adjusting your from bumper and be a pain, i fiannly got it right last weekend and now it looks perfect, there are so many adjustments.

JRE320
06-18-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by 714guy
thats the notorious spoiler, the most sought after commodity for my 202 too.

Yeah adjusting your from bumper and be a pain, i fiannly got it right last weekend and now it looks perfect, there are so many adjustments.

I think it is more difficult to adjust the bumper if you are only using a floor or jack stand rather than lifting the entire car.
I did a little adjustment and still I think I really need some clips or rivets to make to hold tigther.

pnsji
06-18-2003, 11:23 AM
thanks JRE

Hey Alps,

Welcome to the forum!

Rocky
06-18-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by JRE320
I think it is more difficult to adjust the bumper if you are only using a floor or jack stand rather than lifting the entire car.
I did a little adjustment and still I think I really need some clips or rivets to make to hold tigther.

You ow what i'm talking about right JRE? Thie 2 hook looking things need to be rivited intot he bumper and hides underneath the chrome strip. It's so sturdy now after i did that.

714guy
06-18-2003, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by JRE320

i did while the car was on the ground took a hour to get everything perfect and got all scratched up too.

Alps
06-18-2003, 11:26 PM
Thanks pnsji, nice car you have there looks sleek! ;)

i will try and post some pics up of mine soon!

JRE320
06-19-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by 714guy
i did while the car was on the ground took a hour to get everything perfect and got all scratched up too.

I tell you it's not easy while the car is on the ground. Guess you guys would agree with me that it's much easier if you are standing and the car is lifted up while fixing it. ;)