PDA

View Full Version : Power Antenna issue w/ new deck

davis449
07-26-2004, 02:08 PM
Ok, got everything wired and hooked up. I must say I am please with it, but I do I have one issue. The power antenna interferes with my ability to play CD's on my aftermarket deck. If the antenna is down, the CD player function of my Sony deck will not work. If I wire it (the antenna 12V wire) to the 12V constant, it stays up all the time (even when the car is off), but the CD player will again function. Is there any way for me to get it to where the antenna will go down when I turn the car off? If I absolutely HAVE to leave it this way, is there any chance of electrical system damage or battery drain? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Pablo7
07-26-2004, 03:34 PM
your stereo should have a remote cable usually used for the antena to know when to go up or down.
in most stereos it is a blue wire (in the harness), and usually the only blue one;check in the stereo manual.
good luck, bye!

davis449
07-26-2004, 03:56 PM
Yeah it does, the problem is that if it's hook to the stereo the proper way, i.e. blue wire to blue wire, the antenna will go down when the CD function is selected and there's no audio. For some odd reason there's only sound when the antenna is up.

Andrew C280
07-26-2004, 03:59 PM
why kind of sony equiptment do you have i just remove a sony trunk changer that some one installed in my car and put it back to stock

davis449
07-26-2004, 05:57 PM
CDXCA700X in dash CD player XM ready, yada yada yada . A changer sounds like an amusing idea at this point, but I don't know if I have the $ right now. I fixed the problem with the antenna. Pablo, you were right. I had it wired wrong and I re-wired it with the remote turn-on and it works like it should now. Thanks a lot. It's amazing what an aftermarket deck will do for a Bose system. The bass has so much more punch to it now and the sound is richer. It doesn't bump like my sub in my truck used to, but it definitely improves the Bose. The only thing I need to do now is insulate that back shelf a little to stop a tiny rattle.

Pablo7
07-26-2004, 06:06 PM
glad it worked. that cable, the blue one (remote) is usually for the antenna and also to connect the amps if one day you want to put any.
enjoy the music!