PDA

View Full Version : Rear Dash??

neema12
07-26-2004, 10:40 PM
How can I take the rear dash apart, meaning the rear headrest, back speakers, medical kit, ect. The whole 9 yards

H3MAN
07-27-2004, 12:59 AM
lol ur gona have some fun i did that to put in some new back rear shelf speakers, best advice would be to get a haynes manual it tells you everything about the car and its maintainance and where every screw is and what to take off first to get something off, anyway if you dont want to spend 15 pounds on this book which tells you almost anything on DIY on the car then what you need to do is take the back seat off it just pulls off but you got to push it upwards and then when thats out take of the c-pillar thats the one where the seat best goes u need to take of just the one side driver side is the one i took off and remember to take the headrests out they should just pull out, they might have a little button on the metal poles somewhere for them to just slide out easily and then take out the first aid box and all sorts and that rear shelf should prise out with a plastic piece/if using a screwdriver i would usually use a cloth to not damage it and it should come out if u pull the one side out first and thats it you should see the bare metal shelf with the polyfoam speaker blocks and remember when putting it back together aligning the shelf is the hardest so be careful, i cant remember if there were any screws to take out but trust me get one of those haynes manuals it tells u everything step by step and if ever anything else happens it will guide u on what to do, good book for all w202 owners definately!
anyway good luck hope this helps

ricerokets4life
07-27-2004, 06:54 AM
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=4782&page=1&pp=15