View Full Version : OMG! Can I have another problem please!!?

davis449
07-27-2004, 05:10 AM
Just when it seems like everything is finally gonna work out, here's another issue. For some reason my deck will not hold memory. I've checked and re-checked my wiring four times now. and everything seems to be in order. It (the wiring) seemed so straight forward. After 2 or so minutes after I shut off the car, the deck resets itself, so when I turn it back on all my settings are gone. Maybe there's something wrong with the HU itself, cause that's the only thing I can think of. I'm gonna take it to Circuit City where I have a warranty on it and see if they'll hook up another Sony deck to see if it's the deck to blame. Can anyone offer any insight?

GDawgC220
07-27-2004, 08:21 AM
my deck had the same problem when it was first installed. When it was on, i set all the presets and the audio settings. Then when I shut the car off and turn it back on, it was all reset.

I think what happened was that two wires in the back got reversed (blue and yellow?)...reversed the wires and everything was fine.

714guy
07-27-2004, 08:25 AM
check your wiring, your memory wire is not one right. the memory wire is the one that always has power even with the car off. use a multimeter to test.

davis449
07-27-2004, 08:53 AM
Ok, so I re-checked for the fifth time and got it right. I had two wires mixed up. On most decks it yellow to yello, red to red, but the constant 12V is reversed on the VW harness. I thought of this before, but I was trying to rewire without taking the electrical tape that was holding them all in a group off. Once I took this apart and really examined them and hooked them up again red to yellow, it worked. I feel like such a retard.:rolleyes: Oh well, it works now and the sound is much better than stock. Maybe I'll add a sub later. Thanks guys.

fastmayte
07-28-2004, 03:22 PM
hey, i'm not sure if MB's have 2 fuses for the radio (ign and mem wire fuses). but check em. mem one might be out.

davis449
07-29-2004, 06:12 AM
As I stated above, it was my wiring that was causing the problem, not a fuse.