PDA

View Full Version : spring pad problem? is it possible

C280 JR
07-30-2004, 11:13 AM
Hey, im wondering, is it possible that a spring pad can be put on improperly, thus not allowing the desired drop, the only way im thikning it could not, is because either way if you did not put it on right, from the pressure of the spring on it and the weight of the car it would sit it back into position? your toughts!

Elvir

SLAMMED_C
07-30-2004, 05:04 PM
the only way im thikning it could not, is because either way if you did not put it on right, from the pressure of the spring on it and the weight of the car it would sit it back into position?
This statment is incorrect... the spring pads do actually have to sit a specific way on the spring top. the top coil actually fits into a depression in the rubber spring pad.. if its not in right there could be a problem with height difference from one side to another. the weight of the vehicle pressing on the spring pad will not make it sit right if its not installed right.

C280 JR
07-30-2004, 06:09 PM
thanks, i noticed that my right side is now all nice looking but my left side is not, so i guess i need to re-check what i did for the left...

Elvir

fastmayte
07-30-2004, 08:32 PM
actually when i recently dropped my car, my left side was a lil lower than my right side. just the rear. but the left side got to level with the right side in a day. so could be wrong pad positioning or needs time to settle?