PDA

View Full Version : looking for shock and spring installation thread

coolcarlskic43
07-31-2004, 06:20 AM
Where the heck is the thread? I'm having a hard time finding it.Want to do the install myself.

martattack
08-01-2004, 07:23 PM
I found that thread last week but the link to the write-up has been dead for a while. I'll post my own little write-up with some pictures pretty soon. I just did my springs/shocks. Let me know if you need some help.

Martin

C280 JR
08-02-2004, 04:44 AM
the shortest instruction.

Front:
1. take bottom shock screw off.
2. Take the top control arm screw off.
3. Take the Sway-Bar Screw off.
4. Push the control arm down as much as possible.
*Note: You might need an additional person to help you.
5. Use spring comressor and take out the spring.
*If you need to take out the shock too, then just take out the top screw for the shock, but you need a special tool for it.

Back:
1. Take out the bottom shock scew off.
2. Take out hte inner control arm scew off.
*Note: You dont need a spring compressor here, just push the control arm down,and it will strech enough to easily take out the springs.
*Note: If you need to take out the back shock too, then just unscew the top bolt.
3. You will need to take out the trunk material out, till you get to the bear metal, and till you see it, once again, you will need a special tool to take the top off, unless you know a way of taking it off!

Elvir

coolcarlskic43
08-03-2004, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by C280 JR

Front:
*If you need to take out the shock too, then just take out the top screw for the shock, but you need a special tool for it.

Back:
*Note: You dont need a spring compressor here, just push the control arm down,and it will strech enough to easily take out the springs.
*Note: If you need to take out the back shock too, then just unscew the top bolt.
3. You will need to take out the trunk material out, till you get to the bear metal, and till you see it, once again, you will need a special tool to take the top off, unless you know a way of taking it off!

Elvir special tool=vice grip thanx for all the info. job is now complete. now to put on the 18 inch mono's and post

1SIKBNZ
08-09-2004, 02:23 PM
Quick ? i wanna change out my pads and i have aftermarket springs so do i still need a compressor for the front or will they come out since they are shorter?? thanks!

coolcarlskic43
08-09-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by 1SIKBNZ
Quick ? i wanna change out my pads and i have aftermarket springs so do i still need a compressor for the front or will they come out since they are shorter?? thanks! The eibachs can come out without a compressor but you 'll need some one to push down the control arm so that you can get the aft market springs out! That would probably be the same for any aftermarket sport spring.

expo5.0
07-08-2007, 12:16 PM
anybody have a picture of where the top of the shock is located?

i am trying to plan ahead about how long this is going to take. I will have to remove quite a bit of audio equipment in order to get to it and want to gauge just how much.

thanks a ton

-drew

RehGeeBenzo
10-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by C280 JR

Front:

Back:

Elvir

in step 3 of the back y do you have to take out the trunk material?

and do u have pictures of this???? pm me please

thanks for your time