PDA

View Full Version : My freaking muffler fell off!!!!!

SpEeDy230
07-31-2004, 07:04 PM
I was driving and hit a small bump and all I heard is my stock muffler scrapping on the ground. I was like WTF?? It looks like it rusted clean off. Well time to go performance muffler. I have an R-1 muffler laying around my house. Its single tip but hey its free. I dont have the funds right now for an Remus so ill just go with it. Tell me what ya'll think.

kami230
07-31-2004, 07:27 PM
speaking of things fallling from cars....
my front right side clear corner fell off on the bridge today....
i guess i 'll put the originals back on for now

jnolte
08-01-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by kami230
speaking of things fallling from cars....
my front right side clear corner fell off on the bridge today....
i guess i 'll put the originals back on for now

if they arnt bosch they do fall off...

Rocky
08-01-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
if they arnt bosch they do fall off...

:werd: :werd:

SpEeDy230
08-03-2004, 11:20 PM
I had the R-1 Installed I doesn't look bad at all. Will post pics soon.

Under Pressure
08-04-2004, 11:33 AM
Leave the exhuast off you wuss! It annoys other people and gives you extra hp!

timecop369
08-04-2004, 03:18 PM
bosch or not.... clear corners do fall off.

Had an aftermarket passenger clear corner fall off on the freeway.

So bought another set of cheapass ones, heck it's $30 shipped (procarparts.com). After a week, I saw at a junkyard a C280 w/ a bosch clear corner. Just 1 on the driver side. Had it on for 3 months, and that fell off on the freeway ramp also. So as it is, I still got the old cheap aftermarket clear and put the left one I took off back on.

My advice, every now and then, make sure they're nice a tight and clipped on. LOL

SpEeDy230
08-04-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Under Pressure
Leave the exhuast off you wuss! It annoys other people and gives you extra hp!

Ya I actually was thinking of that but everytime I drive for a long time my rear bumper would get so hot and dirty from the exhaust.

Tump43
08-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Had that exact same problem with my clear corner's -- lost a set, so I bought another cheap set.

I installed the second set with some stratagically placed 3M double sided auto-motive sticky tape. Didn't even think about falling off (can't see the tape at all).

MBenzNL told me that the aftermarket clear corners fall off because people don't take the time to make sure that the retaining clip clicks securely to the frame. The aftermarket clips aren't as precisely made as the Bosch, even though they look the same.