PDA

View Full Version : problems with airbags in seat

maxboxa
12-27-2002, 08:29 AM
anyone have any experience with the airbag seats? i just had the passenger seat crap out on me. i can hear the air blowing, but i think a vacuum line may be disconnected. just wanted to get some info before i start pullin leather off. some tips on pulling the leather off would be good too:)

JRE320
12-27-2002, 12:30 PM
Man!! you got air bag on your seats? Are you sure your wife did'nt install one of those eject seats for you? :p :D ;) :)

nokia8860
12-28-2002, 08:41 AM
Are you reffering to the lumbard support seats?

MBenzNL
12-28-2002, 04:50 PM
depending on what bag doesn't work anymore...(side support, seat extension, lower or higher back support)...there are several possibillities...

greetingz,

mis-u-jerr
12-28-2002, 11:29 PM
I believe that Maxboxa is talking about the "multi-contour" seats. I had problems with the side bolsters on both sides leaking, had them replaced under warranty. Didn't sound easy...

maxboxa
12-29-2002, 11:23 AM
it's the side bolsters. i had a the same problem with the drivers side and had that taken care of under warranty. now it's the passenger side and warranty is over. i'm thinking i'll just remove the leather and start poking around, but if anyone has any tips for me before i start, it might save me some $$ or time.

MBenzNL
12-30-2002, 04:01 AM
The side bolsters (side support) is connected through an Y-splitter which can be accessed after the rear seat panel is removed (2 phillips screws in the bottom of the panel)...

most probably this Y-connector is what causes the problem...no need to take off any leather if this IS the problem.

greetingz,

maxboxa
12-30-2002, 08:17 AM
thanks Steve! i'll take a look at it this afternoon.

Corey
01-09-2003, 03:10 PM
Wow, Steve knows....everything!! :D

MBenzNL
01-09-2003, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Corey
Wow, Steve knows....everything!! :D
A matter of ripping apart whatever MB 202-like item comes close...I don't have a social life though :rolleyes:

greetingz,

maxboxa
01-09-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by MBenzNL
A matter of ripping apart whatever MB 202-like item comes close...I don't have a social life though :rolleyes:

greetingz,

your lack of a social life doesn't go unappreciated! can you imagine what you'd be like if you didn't have a girlfriend :confused:

MBenzNL
01-10-2003, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by maxboxa
your lack of a social life doesn't go unappreciated! can you imagine what you'd be like if you didn't have a girlfriend :confused:
LOL...btw: I have a set of 744 handels here...I think they were supposed to go on your car but am not sure...gotto dive in my mailbox(a) :) .

greetingz,

maxboxa
01-10-2003, 07:54 AM
LOL...btw: I have a set of 744 handels here...I think they were supposed to go on your car but am not sure...gotto dive in my mailbox(a) :) .

greetingz,

yes, yes!!! those are mine! bring em with ya!

MBenzNL
01-12-2003, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by maxboxa
yes, yes!!! those are mine! bring em with ya!
OK...consider them shipped in the next crate-of-goodies.

greetingz,

cyclocross
01-07-2004, 06:02 AM
The side bolsters (side support) is connected through an Y-splitter which can be accessed after the rear seat panel is removed (2 phillips screws in the bottom of the panel)...

most probably this Y-connector is what causes the problem...no need to take off any leather if this IS the problem.

greetingz,

Thanks for the tip. I removed the rear panel of the driver's seat and sure enough, one of the air tubes was disconnected from the Y-splitter. If the air tube was 1" longer this problem would not have occurred. I had to reroute the air tube to reconnect it to the Y.

Brabus
01-07-2004, 08:02 AM
Another problem solved :) But very few of us deal with this as we don't have the cooooool C43 :p

Jerry, come out to the gtg on 1/24! Haven't seen you in a while...