PDA

View Full Version : Sound Quality

davis449
08-14-2004, 05:47 PM
I put my deck in over a three weeks ago. At first I liked it, but now after having it in the car a while I've noticed that it's a bit out of balance and the bass seems to distort at higher volumes where as the stock setup didn't. I've tried messing with the fader controls, bass and treble controls etc., but to no avail. Any reccomendations. I'm really thinking of going back to stock.

fastmayte
08-14-2004, 06:48 PM
hey, what kinda deck did u put in? i've had alpine and pioneer. i currently use pioneer.

i got 1 mtx sub in the back and stock front and rear speakers. i turned off the bass to the speakers and bass only to the sub. it sounds pretty good and even. but without a sub, the stock speaker can't take any kinda bass. stock headunit kinda sux. haha.

so u might wanna either get a sub or just change out the speakers. if they are uneven, maybe they are out of phase or a speaker coil is goin bad and shorting out or something.

davis449
08-14-2004, 08:47 PM
I might go jack with my wiring again. I'm using a Sony CDX CA700X. It seems to me I'm always having to jack with it to get it to sound right. At least I didn't have distortion on the stock head unit. I think you're right about the Bose speakers not being able to handle the increased bass that an ACTUAL EQ adds. I would get a sub, but right now that's not an option due tot he fact that I'm moving next week to San Antonio and I have to spend money on stuff for my apartemnt (priorities, you know).

fastmayte
08-14-2004, 08:51 PM
haha, yea subs kinda get costly, but hey, if u need help getting it into phase if it's off or anything lemme know, i'm in the houston area.

davis449
08-15-2004, 12:12 PM
I re-checked my wiring and all was fine. I went back to stock cause I found the bass stays with the volume better with the OEM HU (though not how I would like it to be). The trade off is highs for lows. The highs were much better with my Sony but the bass sucked. I think I'll stick with this.

pnsji
08-16-2004, 12:49 PM
get Nakamichi CD-400 instead of the sony.

davis449
08-18-2004, 02:16 PM
Yeah that sounds like the good idea. I will have to wait a while. I went back to stock for now. Hell I may not do it at all, cause I'll probably sell it (the car) within a year and a half. That will make it totally not worth it.

Rocket
08-18-2004, 05:49 PM
Do you have a Bose system in your car?

davis449
08-26-2004, 04:48 PM
Yes, I do.

ricerokets4life
08-26-2004, 09:59 PM
how do you block off the bass to the speakers only?

davis449
08-27-2004, 08:23 AM
I think they're blowing it up a bit, but if you read on the Bose website about their systems they tell you about special circuitry in their system that makes them "sound so good". Whatever, I believe this "special circuitry" is no more than an EQ of sorts built into the amp that sends the highs and lows to only the speakers that are designed for that. When you put in an aftermarket deck you lose that ability. This is what I think.