PDA

View Full Version : Euro Single Cd Indash Question

Andrew C280
08-18-2004, 06:18 PM
hey I got my radio and there are all kinds of things it can do. I have no idea because I have no manual, why dose the cd player start in the middel of some songs like 1 min in and starts normal on others I am using burnt cds is this why ?

dilligaf
08-19-2004, 06:48 PM
One of my home CD players does this on burnt CD's. It seems to have problems finding the track and starts in the middle of a song.

cmackint
08-19-2004, 10:24 PM
My Audio 10 CD does the same thing. So far I have seen it happen with two different discs, but they were both originals.

I second the request for a manual though, I bought mine from Germany and it came with a German manual. It's not like it's difficult to operate or anything, but I'm probably missing out on features. For example, I'd like to find a way to make the display default to elasped time rather than Track 1, Track 2 and so on.

Andrew C280
08-20-2004, 07:19 AM
could you make a photocopy of the german manual i can read german . it would be much appreicated i can paypal you for the photocopies

dctlace
08-21-2004, 09:18 PM
Hey guys - here is a link to the Audio 10 manual in English...

http://www.budget.net/~sura/ebay/Audio%2010%20Manual%20PDF.pdf

Becker Monza:

http://www.budget.net/~sura/ebay/Becker%20Monza%20Operation%20Guide.pdf

cmackint
08-22-2004, 03:08 AM
Hey dctlace, that's perfect. Many thanks!!!

Andrew, I'm just as happy to send you the original as it's no use to me. Email me your postal address (cmackint@hotmail.com) and I'll let you know how much for postage...

Andrew C280
08-22-2004, 05:26 AM
this pdf is just what i am looking for thanks.

julesrey
09-13-2004, 10:21 AM
Did anybody find out already why the In-dash CD doesnt read properly? The manual doesnt seem to cover this.

Has anyone experimented in trying to burn the right CD quality that is compatible with this Becker Audio 10 CD?

Another thing I noticed with mine is that everytime I press the Tone button to scan through the different settings it skips the fader setting.

Hope to hear your insights...and i will post the results of my own experimentation.

Andrew C280
09-13-2004, 11:02 AM
i think mine is just dirty it works fine some times what can i use to clean the laser eye ?

julesrey
09-13-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Andrew C280
i think mine is just dirty it works fine some times what can i use to clean the laser eye ?

I tried that with a regular cd cleaner that i bought at Frys but it didnt work on mine but do try it it might work with your player. Have you tried burning a CDR that you will use on your radio? If yes, what settings did you use?

Thanks

dctlace
09-14-2004, 08:25 PM
My research indicates the root cause of your playback bug as media incompatibility with either the CD recorder or player. Below are excerpts from several sites that deal with CD-R technical FAQs that lend support to the fact that your hardware can cause recording / playback performance issues or even failure.

When in doubt, use a blank CD-R! Most players are not compatible with CD-RW's. (The CD-RW's use a different laser technology...which is why they can be re-written upon.)
First and foremost is media compatibility. Not all players get along with all brands of CD-R media. You need to find a combination of recorder, media, and player that get along.
A CD-R media identifier can help you be sure that you're trying discs from different manufacturers. Download one for free here: http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,22912,00.asp

Having skips & jumps during playback? If you're getting skips and jumps, make sure that you don't have anti-skip protection enabled. This is usually only available on portable or car players, and you may not be able to disable it on car players.
Make sure you treat your blank CD-R's with respect. Scratches or dust may cause write errors! Handle the discs carefully!
Try recording at a slower speed! Some media works better at 1x, 2x, or 4x than it does at other speeds. You may find that slowing down or speeding up the recorder helps. (The suggested burn speed on the blank CD-R is there for a reason!)
Some opinions from Internet Citizens: Many people have reported that Kenwood CD players don't deal with CD-Rs very well, while Alpine units play nearly everything.
Good old 80 minute CDR issue! 80 minute CDRs do not have the same level of compatibility with players as 74 minute CDRs. A TDK technician said the following on the matter:
"The CD-R 80 is a special product developed by TDK to meet the application needs of software developers and music studios. To achieve its 80 minute recording time, track pitch and scanning velocity specification tolerances had to be minimized, reducing the margin of error between drive and media. This means limited compatibility between some CD-Recorders and CD-ROM Readers. If you intend to use this recording length, please check with your hardware manufacturer. Use of the CD-R80 is at one's own risk. No guarantees of performance are made by TDK."

Final word... While there are clearly defined standards for CD-R media, there are no such standards for CD and CD-ROM drives -- other than that they be able to read CDs. It is possible for media to be within allowed tolerances, but be unreadable by a CD-ROM drive that can handle pressed discs without trouble. All you can do in this sort of situation is find a better-quality CD or CD-ROM drive, or switch to a brand of media whose characteristics are on the other side of the tolerance zone.

julesrey
09-17-2004, 09:05 PM
That was a thorough reply and I very much appreciate it. Will do what you say and give feedback later after making the experimentation. Thanks again

Dr.Drew
08-02-2005, 11:16 AM
problem solved it was the media i was useing hp premium disks i went to some computer garage sale and bought some cheap 11 dolllar disks for 50 of them and they work perfect