PDA

View Full Version : C36 Fuel tank/filler problem

Three Point 6
08-20-2004, 03:34 PM
So I'm trying to load some California 91 in my C36 as I'm running late for work. The pump acts like my car is full even though I'm empty. I tried again later last night and same thing at 3 different gas stations. Filler neck overflows! I did some searches last night and found that 202's are N O TO R I O U S for fuel tank, filler neck problems. MB has electronic baffle flaps & charcoal fume traps in the tanks and sensitive sensors to calculate tank pressure etc;. EPA rules forced them to design this stuff overtime & '97 cars have a different setup than before'96 as improvement. Even 99-00 cars F-up alot. 8 year old cars and rubber/electrics reliability issues has me thinking twice about a newer car for a daily driver in the crazy OC. I had to stay in Laguna last night and put it into service there this morning. Luckily the dudes place I stayed at is a buddy of mine who is an pprentice mechanic there(LNMB) that is trying to get it fixed for me at the moment. Worst case scenario the tank might have to come out. The kicker is that the whole freaken rear subframe in the car has to come out first! Diff, suspension and all! Labor labor labor. Hopefully its just a fillerneck baffle/filter issue? Any hopes there is a goodwill scenario available to me on my 79k mile '96??? If so I'll call 1-800MB

Any past experience with this anybody & your outcome??

- Kiley

714guy
08-20-2004, 05:57 PM
Sorry to hear about your problem, Hope you get it resolved soon.

Welcome to the OC, traffic is crazy all day, gotta get use to it.

Three Point 6
08-26-2004, 08:54 PM

Thanks for the welcome. Ever since school started for everybody it seems to have gotten way better out on the 4 ohh 5. Well, I've been out here 2 1/2 mos now and I'm going to San Jose/NorCal next week for my job!

kameraguy
08-29-2004, 05:47 PM
Three point six, same issues with my car too. It's always been that way so i thought this is just "how it is to own a MB".

But keep us posted on what the fix is. I hate having to force my gas into the car!

Maybe the fix will also fix the dreaded fuel gauge problems!

btw- if you end up working in SJ, let me know. A few of us are in the area so we can have lunch sometime. This coming Thursday is Lunch at Benigans in Santa Clara if you will be here ;)