PDA

View Full Version : Climate Control Gremlin?

ricerokets4life
08-24-2004, 08:56 PM
im not sure if these 2 problems are related but here goes:

1) whenever the car is below normal operating temperature (~100 degrees Celsius), the climate control is OFF and the car is accelerating, the front defroster vents tend to emit hot air and causes the front windshield to fog up to the point where you cannot see out of them. when i turn on the climate control, everything goes back to normal.

2) when the climate control is OFF, there seems to be this clicking noise coming from the front passenger side vents or inside the dash in that area. it's a periodic clicking noise that sounds similar to the noise the vents make when you shut it to prevent air flow.

honkeyhnk
08-25-2004, 04:18 PM
I have the same problem as you do for the first part. Let me know if you figure out the problem, I always just turned on the climate control again to fix it, but its kind of annoying.

ricerokets4life
08-25-2004, 07:10 PM
i dont know but it could be because of my blower regulator motor? or possibly because of a dirty cabin air filter that i havent gotten around to changing yet

Rocky
08-31-2004, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by ricerokets4life
1) whenever the car is below normal operating temperature (~100 degrees Celsius), the climate control is OFF and the car is accelerating, the front defroster vents tend to emit hot air and causes the front windshield to fog up to the point where you cannot see out of them. when i turn on the climate control, everything goes back to normal.

This happened ot me on the weekend. What I found was that I shut off the climate control when it was HOT out, trapping some humid heat in the system. When it got cooler all of the sudden, the front winshield started to fog at the bottom a little. I turned it on and for 10 seconds HOT air blew out and then it cooled. Turned it off and it was fine.

dilligaf
09-01-2004, 01:05 AM
Mine blows hot air out of the two outside vents and cold air out of the center vents. Turning it off won't fix it I have to let the car sit for about an hour turned off before it will work properly again.

Rocky
09-01-2004, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by dilligaf
Mine blows hot air out of the two outside vents and cold air out of the center vents. Turning it off won't fix it I have to let the car sit for about an hour turned off before it will work properly again.

It's probably the monovalve. Expensive part. The side vents and centre vents are individually controlled by a monovalve. I believe it's in the engine compartment by the firewall with 2 black tubes running into it.

dilligaf
09-01-2004, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the info. If it happens again I wonder if I tap on it will it free up.

It has happened twice, after it sits a while its ok.

I'm going to ask my shop about it. It needs to go in for the 90k mile service and to fix a A/C refrigerant leak. :(

ricerokets4life
09-02-2004, 02:27 PM
i just changed my cabin air filter and when i removed the kick panel, a little gold colored spring fell out. does anyone know if a spring is part of the blower regulator, motor, or any other AC part by the cabin air filter?