PDA

View Full Version : looking for a good suspension

xstream
08-27-2004, 11:48 AM
hi guys....
i am wondering whether W202 have a coilover? if not what type of suspension is good for w202. Cause i think my suspension is already need to be replace??

SpEeDy230
08-27-2004, 12:12 PM
No coilovers for 202's.....I would run H&R sports with bilstien shocks. Good combo. Or if you want to spend money.....H&R Cup KIt.

jnolte
08-27-2004, 12:39 PM
H&R cup kit is going to give you a low low drop.

H&R sport springs and bilstiens is a good combo ( i run that)

H&R and koni adjustables is good too, alot of members here run that

you can also get eibachs for a nicer ride and not as much of a drop as H&R

Vogltland and FK also make lowering springs for w202

KWiK
08-27-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by xstream
hi guys....
i am wondering whether W202 have a coilover? if not what type of suspension is good for w202. Cause i think my suspension is already need to be replace??
I currently have Koni Ext. adjustable shocks with brabus springs, but have Vogtland springs on order. No matter which springs you pick, pay the extra $$ & get the koni ext. adjustable shocks. It will be money well spent.

greekC
08-27-2004, 05:00 PM
im running the h&r cup kit. is great. my ride didnt suffer much.

ShollyC220
08-27-2004, 08:49 PM
I run stock shocks with my H&R sport springs- no difference in ride between stock and Bilstein shocks! I ran Bilstein's in my first W202, and decided not to get them this time when lowering my car. I can hardly notice a difference in the ride. Am I crazy? Or am I crazy and right.
-sholly

J Irwan
08-28-2004, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by ShollyC220
I run stock shocks with my H&R sport springs- no difference in ride between stock and Bilstein shocks! I ran Bilstein's in my first W202, and decided not to get them this time when lowering my car. I can hardly notice a difference in the ride. Am I crazy? Or am I crazy and right.
-sholly

The difference may not be significant, but it is there.

The stock shock to begin with is longer than Bilstein and not designed to lowered car.

The stock shock might work for alittle while, but after that it will be shot sooner and later.
And when this happens there is no more damper on your suspension system, the ride will be harsh... ;)

Regardz,

JRE320
08-29-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by J Irwan

The stock shock to begin with is longer than Bilstein and not designed to lowered car.

The stock shock might work for alittle while, but after that it will be shot sooner and later.
And when this happens there is no more damper on your suspension system, the ride will be harsh... ;)

Regardz,

100% with you... ;)

Rocket
08-29-2004, 07:28 AM
My C36 has stock Bilsteins... I just got some H&R springs. Should I try running those with the stock Bilstiens or get some other shocks...? I'm looking for a ride that wouldn't be too harsh.

Originally posted by J Irwan

Regardz,