PDA

View Full Version : air in gas line?

Benz916
08-27-2004, 04:35 PM
i have a 98 c230 and the other day i ran the car realllllllllly low on gas but then the next day i filled it up. the following day when i was driving to the bank i noticed the gauge was at empty again but later as i was driving it went back to normal. but the problem starts when i left the bank i felt the car lag and when i stopped at the light it just died and would not start and the gas gauge went back to empty. then i tried to keep the car floored and start it which it would not idle but i could keep the rpms at around 4 i did that for awhile then the car was able to idle again but it will not accelerate properly and the engine check light is on. oh and once i got the car to ide which it will now but wont drive right the gas gauge is back to normal. is it possible i sucked up so debris from the gas tank or do i have air in the lines that i need to have bled?

marksbenz
08-28-2004, 09:19 AM
Open your gas cap and let all pressure out and close it again. Never let your fuel to low. It will also harm your fuel pump.

Benz916
08-28-2004, 10:43 AM
I just did what u told me to...and then i started it...it starts up fine, but after a min it just died on me...THe check engine light has been on as well. I think i might invest in a fault code reader. WHat could it be?

Benz916
08-30-2004, 01:21 AM
Havent got the fault code checked yet, but as of now the car drives fine at higher rpm, but at idle it feels like turning off...it stumbles. The mass air flow has been changed bout 6 months ago. WHat do you guys think?

Rocky
08-30-2004, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by Benz916
Havent got the fault code checked yet, but as of now the car drives fine at higher rpm, but at idle it feels like turning off...it stumbles. The mass air flow has been changed bout 6 months ago. WHat do you guys think?

I think you should extractr the fault codes and report back. It can be anything if we star guessing.

Benz916
09-06-2004, 03:21 PM
my fault code is P0100...i think that is mass air flow sensor...right? I just changed that this past january. what do you guys think?

Benz916
09-06-2004, 03:25 PM
http://www.carsoftwares.com/mercedestroublecodes.html here's a list of the codes.