PDA

View Full Version : aaarg ... Engine and Trany Problems

monopole
08-29-2004, 07:21 AM
Hello friends,
I'm back with a problem, hope that someone can assist. My 99 C180 is doing the following:
1. When starting in the morning, the engine wants to die then it kicks in, and starts to shake for about 40 seconds. It only does this in the morning.
2. The trany will not shift correctly "smoothly" from 3rd to 4th gear especially going uphill. It either hisitates or muffles.
Any suggestions or comments before I take it into repair???

Thanks for all the input, in regards to your inquiries, here are some answers:
1. C180 - Yr. 1999 - No Kumpressor - Gasoline engine - Automatic
2. Changed the sparkplugs, Oil filter, Gas filter, Trany oil, trany filter, Cleaned air intake.
3. No Check Engine light.

For those who guessed the O2 sensor needed to be replaced, you were right-on. The O2 sensor was replaced and the car is running super smooth.

jnolte
08-29-2004, 11:59 AM
what year is your w202?

Andrew C280
08-29-2004, 12:12 PM
he has a 1999

it sound like a mass air flow and the tranny is starting to go

the tranny could be atributed to the mass air its all computer controlled

SLAMMED_C
08-29-2004, 03:58 PM
Since your car is a C180.. Im guessing it is supercharged and has a manual trans??

Is the check engine light on?
I havent seen many supercharger W202's with MAS problems.. but obviously there still may be a problem.
could have a missfire on cold starts.. bad supressors, bad spark plugs, bad coils.

alhacker
08-29-2004, 09:22 PM
i would recomend changing the trans oil w/ a filter, change the maf sensor and also check ur o2 sensor most of the cases it will be covered in black dust cause ur car has problems with the mas (ur car is running somtimes rich then lean) so u could simply put carb cleaner and brush it with a metal brush