PDA

View Full Version : Trunk Switch

JRE320
06-04-2003, 04:29 PM
Is there anyay I can add on a switch from the inside to pop the trunk lid open? It's a pain everytime I need to open the trunk< I've to turn the engine off, get out of the car then pop the trunk open. :rolleyes: ;)

pnsji
06-04-2003, 04:59 PM
Not too sure how yours is wired, but there is a vacum pump on the rear deck
http://gilbreth.ecn.purdue.edu/~nkumala/pnsji/misc/deck1.jpg

You might need to wire to that vacum pump

JRE320
06-04-2003, 05:45 PM
I just went thru the folding mirrors write up by Joey and he mentioned that he used the wires for the remote trunk switch....
So is this where I add on the switch?

dwang
06-05-2003, 07:17 AM
If I'm not mistaken, I believe there is a vacuum relay in your engine compartment (front left if you're looking fron the front of the car) that controls all the vacuum related functions (door, trunk, etc). You can tell which are the vacuum lines cause they are larger in diameter (see Susanto's pic). You might need to run the vacuum line to the front of the car in order to get the trunk release to function properly.

Dave

JRE320
06-05-2003, 07:54 AM
UUmmmmmmmm..... that means it's more of a pain in the ass to do all the wirings shit....... :rolleyes: :( :o :bored:

MBenzNL
06-11-2003, 12:13 AM
The 97up trunks were controlled by the central locking vacuum...but you US peeps has remote trunkopen in the 96 202s as well...get your self such a system out of a crashed 202 (I seem to believe there is a twinturbo somewhere that has that opening system)...

greetingz,

JRE320
06-11-2003, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by MBenzNL
The 97up trunks were controlled by the central locking vacuum...but you US peeps has remote trunkopen in the 96 202s as well...get your self such a system out of a crashed 202 (I seem to believe there is a twinturbo somewhere that has that opening system)...

greetingz,

Hahahahahahahaha!! I think I know who own that crashed tt w202. :D ;) How u doin Pimp? Long time no hear... ;)
By the way, will you be able to provide the components on this? ;)