PDA

View Full Version : mirrors

1crzybenz
08-31-2004, 05:12 PM
okay i have a problem with my control panel. where you adjust the mirrors i was cleaning my car and i got an allen key and i put it between the knob and the bottom and lifted it up cause it was dirty underneath . once i did that made the biggest mistake. first of all i cant put the knob back on the little adjusting thing and the mirrors dont move automatically. i went to benz they said id have to replace the whole panel . they didnt look at it but said thats what i would have to do. isnt that stupid?

SLAMMED_C
08-31-2004, 05:24 PM
nope.. not stupid.. sounds about right to me.. you need a new window switch assembly.

crsh2
08-31-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by 1crzybenz
okay i have a problem with my control panel. where you adjust the mirrors i was cleaning my car and i got an allen key and i put it between the knob and the bottom and lifted it up cause it was dirty underneath . once i did that made the biggest mistake. first of all i cant put the knob back on the little adjusting thing and the mirrors dont move automatically. i went to benz they said id have to replace the whole panel . they didnt look at it but said thats what i would have to do. isnt that stupid?

How much did they quote you for? when i bought my car its already broken off.

1crzybenz
08-31-2004, 07:07 PM
he said expensive i didnt bother asking. i remember asking for hub caps they said they wanted 111$ (CND) each.

but a new switch mount doesnt make sense why cant they just replace the mirror section of it you dont need to replace the whole thing.

SLAMMED_C
08-31-2004, 07:12 PM
but a new switch mount doesnt make sense why cant they just replace the mirror section of it you dont need to replace the whole thing.
well yes that would make sense.. but dont forget were talin bout germans here... it would be too easy to make just each component replacable.. so they do it the most difficult and most expensive way possible.. replace the whole thing.

SpEeDy230
08-31-2004, 07:12 PM
because it is a whole assembly. cant just buy the switch.

Kswiss
09-01-2004, 01:04 AM
I don't really know what you need, but i do have an extra wood console available. I do not have any switches or anything but if you need the console email me.

Rocky
09-01-2004, 05:02 AM
I took apart that centre console and switch assembly a million times. It's all 1 piece. All the switches sit on a green PCB board that's why it's expensive. Pre 1997 each switch were individual, you could have gotten away with just changing what you needed.

manny
09-01-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
well yes that would make sense.. but dont forget were talin bout germans here... it would be too easy to make just each component replacable.. so they do it the most difficult and most expensive way possible.. replace the whole thing.

The morale of the story is........don't f#%$%^ with something you don't know anything about. :rolleyes: