PDA

View Full Version : For you Audiophiles....

Denlasoul
09-02-2004, 11:13 AM
Loud music is bad ;) (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=571&e=5&u=/nm/music_lungs_dc)

audiophile
09-02-2004, 01:43 PM
"In two of the cases his team describes, the men were standing close to large loudspeakers when they suddenly felt chest pain."

i don't think that's true because the pressure required to punture a lung as far as sound goes, would far exceed the pressure for one to go deaf. now if you are standing right in front of the speaker and maybe taking blows from the cone then again, maybe.:banana: :banana:

Denlasoul
09-02-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by audiophile
i don't think that's true because the pressure required to punture a lung as far as sound goes, would far exceed the pressure for one to go deaf.

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe something for me to research for my PhD. :)

jnolte
09-02-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
Maybe something for me to research for my PhD. :)

PhD= Playa Haters Degree?

Denlasoul
09-02-2004, 08:30 PM
PhD= Plenty of Hard earned Dollars.

crazy00c230k
09-03-2004, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by audiophile
"In two of the cases his team describes, the men were standing close to large loudspeakers when they suddenly felt chest pain."

i don't think that's true because the pressure required to punture a lung as far as sound goes, would far exceed the pressure for one to go deaf. now if you are standing right in front of the speaker and maybe taking blows from the cone then again, maybe.:banana: :banana:

its actually pretty possible, everything has a natural frequincy and if an outside frequincy is produced that matches that of the natural frequincy it can actually produce quite violent vibrations, i learned in physics that quite a few people get internal injuries from this, so possible yeah.....but likely....no....keep bumpin your shiaaaaaat!!!!!~haha

audiophile
09-03-2004, 12:53 PM
PhD= pimpin' ho's Degree:D