PDA

View Full Version : how do I remove door panels?

nwptbnzc43
09-08-2004, 11:52 AM
I just bought carbon fiber trim and need help removing door panels...I have a 99 C43 with side airbags...thanks!

mr. gatsbury
09-08-2004, 01:09 PM
just looked around to see if I could come up with anything. No luck. I'll take a look at the doors when I get home....

heman
09-09-2004, 06:31 AM
prise off the plastic cup behind the handle u pull on to open the door.

then unscrew the screw behind it

then lift the cap to see the screw underneath the handle u pull on to push the door open and closed and unscrew that screw.

then where the door handle is on the inside of the door you will see a little screw visible on a plastic piece, unscrew it and take off the plastic piece.

then get a screwdriver flat and use some clothe over the end of it to not damage the side cards and prise the sides of it off (Tip: slide it into the side about 3-4 inches and then push the screwdriver down slowly until u hit a push on clip and then ppull back and it will open each clip easily and u will spot every single one)

then pull side card off and make sure lock knob comes out without breaking it and take off pin that holds the door opening handle from inside.

then put ur old card to the side and put the new one on, as for the side airbags im sure there m,ust be a few extra wires and that which im sure someone else will help u out with mine aint got them so i dont know but i just updated my sidecards to full creased cream jaguar leather this weekend and i had to take off the side cards on the front about at least 12-14 times, but now the car looks let say, 4 gyals in the back sat in and one in the front and u know wat the gyal said my dads got a merc but it aint like this one its got sponge seats and i knowe just wat she meant because theyre so crap i had them hehehehe oh well hope it helps mate

nwptbnzc43
09-09-2004, 03:37 PM
thanks for all your help guys...I found something some of you might like...

http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2381 :D

Jbizzyc43
09-09-2004, 04:13 PM
is that real carbon fiber trim? If so, where did you get it from? I've been looking all over for a kit. Let me know. Post some pics if you got any...thanks!

nwptbnzc43
09-09-2004, 04:53 PM
its not real carbon fiber...its the trim that comes on the 99, 00 c class sport packs...I got mine from MBenzNL...email him I believe he has a few more.

mr. gatsbury
09-10-2004, 06:52 AM
someone is selling a sport interior factory pkg on ebay....search "W202" $139 but it now. Not sure what they go for...

nwptbnzc43
09-10-2004, 01:58 PM
careful...the one on ebay does not have everything you need! only some of the pieces...I was going to purchase that one prior to buying from MBenzNL

duey
09-13-2004, 08:25 PM
I almost just bid on that exact auction. I also have been looking for that everywhere. I called a dealer by me to ask how much the missing parts would be (the dash inlay across the bottom of the windshield and the trim around the shifter) they haven't gotten back to me though. I'm sure it'll be expensive. How much did you pay for the complete kit from MBenzNL? Anyone know how much this option costs factory installed?

nwptbnzc43
09-13-2004, 09:13 PM
paid around $250

duey
09-14-2004, 08:05 AM
Dealer got back to me, here are the costs for the sport trim parts:

Each door panel trim: $160
Ash/Cointray Trim: $105
Radio/Climate Control trim: $100
Cup holder trim: $25
Bow on top of dash (across bottom of windshield): $75
Shifter Trim: $60