PDA

View Full Version : Boost Gauge Install

skullleader
09-14-2004, 01:49 PM
Does anyone have instructions on how to install a boost gauge on a W202? Better yet, on where to go? (Sacramento Area)

Paul
09-14-2004, 04:51 PM
If you were to install yourself,there is a 5mm pipe on the pressure side of the SC,just Tee into it and run the pipe to a desired position for the gauge,if you want it to illuminate it you will need to pick up a feed of a lighting control.

MrSpace
09-14-2004, 10:46 PM
I should install this me too, but I want it away from prying eyes

Like where the ashtray is

Etienne

SpEeDy230
09-15-2004, 10:04 AM
I have never heared anyone having a boost gauge in thier 202's. I think that would look sweet.

MrSpace
09-15-2004, 10:53 AM
more than 2 members have it in their W202

luwin had one and smalled_c has one.

there are threads on this, search for a-pîllar or something.

Etienne

jnolte
09-16-2004, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by MrSpace
I should install this me too, but I want it away from prying eyes

Like where the ashtray is

Etienne

why? its not like you got aftermarket S/c or trying to hide nos!

Paul
09-16-2004, 01:51 PM
lol it does help if you have boost to make your gauge work:) :)

MrSpace
09-16-2004, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
why? its not like you got aftermarket S/c or trying to hide nos!

well, I don't think it fits the car well on the A-Pillar. it makes the car less luxurious.

Plus, if you have a guage, it means you'Re in business, which shows you played with your engine. If you don't, then they think you're semi-stock:P

Etienne

SLAMMED_C
09-18-2004, 02:45 PM
more than 2 members have it in their W202, luwin had one and smalled_c has one.

Ummmm... its slammed_c ...... and yes I have a boost gauge mounted on my A-pillar.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_69_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_58_full.jpg

I put it on my a-pillar cause its easy to read.. no taking my eyes off the road to look down at an ashtray mounted gauge.

If you were to install yourself,there is a 5mm pipe on the pressure side of the SC,just Tee into it and run the pipe to a desired position for the gauge,if you want it to illuminate it you will need to pick up a feed of a lighting control.

To get a boost reading on the gauge, you want to tap into the existing vacuum line on the back of the intake manifold.. not at the supercharger. use a "T" or "Y" fitting and tap into the existing vacuum line at the back of the intake manifold.. run the vacuum line for the gauge thru the fire wall on the drivers side, there is a gromet there.. its near the brake booster if you look under the hood. then mount your gauge wherever you want.. I wired my gauge into my headlight switch.. so when I turn on the headlight switch for lights/cluster illumination, the gauge lights up.

C43
09-18-2004, 07:05 PM
I like it. What 3 gauges do you have? I am supercharging my car Oct 4. What gauge size and pod did you use? I am sure the rest is custom. Greatjob.

CKlasse
09-18-2004, 09:32 PM
Nate,

You should look into Auto Meter Cobalt Series. I'd go for AFR, Boost, and tranny temp on a kompressed C43.

Regards

MrSpace
09-18-2004, 11:44 PM
if I'm not mistaken, both Luwin and Slammed_C have modified second generation integras a-pillar pods (1990-1993) but I can be wrong. Nothing is made specific for our cars I think,

Etienne

SLAMMED_C
09-19-2004, 05:20 AM
Nothing is made specific for our cars I think,
u are correct sir!

I like it. What 3 gauges do you have? I am supercharging my car Oct 4. What gauge size and pod did you use? I am sure the rest is custom. Greatjob.
thanks, and yes its all very custom!!
I used a tripple gauge pod made by auto meter from a 1994-1999 acura integra.. it fit the closest to the W202 A-pillar.. I actually moulded the gauge pod to my A-pillar and had it professionally flocked in a black material that closely matches the stock fabric. I just wanted it to look like it was meant to be there.
the gauges I used are boost, a/f ratio, and oil pressure, all in the phantom line.

MrSpace
09-19-2004, 09:06 AM
what'S your a/f ratio after kleemann upgrade?

I think you have a chip also now. Do you know what changed in the a/f before and after the chip?

Etienne

SLAMMED_C
09-19-2004, 11:59 AM
what'S your a/f ratio after kleemann upgrade?
I think you have a chip also now. Do you know what changed in the a/f before and after the chip?

I dont know what my a/f ratio is now.. couldnt tell u.
and as for my upsolute chip.. I believe the biggest thing that was changed was he retarded timing among other things.. dont know by how much tho.

Paul
09-19-2004, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
Ummmm... its slammed_c ...... and yes I have a boost gauge mounted on my A-pillar.
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_69_full.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/266000-266999/266992_58_full.jpg

I put it on my a-pillar cause its easy to read.. no taking my eyes off the road to look down at an ashtray mounted gauge.

To get a boost reading on the gauge, you want to tap into the existing vacuum line on the back of the intake manifold.. not at the supercharger. use a "T" or "Y" fitting and tap into the existing vacuum line at the back of the intake manifold.. run the vacuum line for the gauge thru the fire wall on the drivers side, there is a gromet there.. its near the brake booster if you look under the hood. then mount your gauge wherever you want.. I wired my gauge into my headlight switch.. so when I turn on the headlight switch for lights/cluster illumination, the gauge lights up.

so true....boost reading would be inaccurate at the SC.:(

C280 JR
09-20-2004, 06:48 AM
i like luwins former car...it looks like a plane from inside...

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0RADdAnEUacSygLKNrAW6OiviUEwKgdv!Gzc0pIy6g!R08fA*6 AHJjIxslQtkitqVCeIQA18TICoIh!68E2LKIwSeaKAyRClRuGG 08cfJhWE/EuroTuner5.jpg

Elvir