PDA

View Full Version : Can a w202 beat out other Benz'

jaysonvaldez
09-16-2004, 01:12 AM
Hey do you guys think a Mercedes w202 would stand chance at a car show against all the newer style Mercedes Benz' out there? Or would it be a waste of money to enter the competition part of the show and just display the car and save some money? It seems all the cars shows I go to the high end Benz' win (S class', AMG 55s and so on). As if you were a honda you can have a 1990 crx and blow competition away. Do you think because its brand new judges give more points for its cleansiness....?

jnolte
09-16-2004, 12:12 PM
it matters what award you are trying to win..

Kswiss
09-16-2004, 01:25 PM
Your car better be tite as fuck....if its cheap to join then join it, but if its going to dampen your wallet then don't do it. If your entering to win and make money i would think twice. If you join to have fun then have fun =)

Superpnoy
09-16-2004, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Kswiss
Your car better be tite as fuck....if its cheap to join then join it, but if its going to dampen your wallet then don't do it. If your entering to win and make money i would think twice. If you join to have fun then have fun =)

AGREE!!!

SpEeDy230
09-16-2004, 06:24 PM
it depends on how you have your car set up. and it is also up to the judges. you can have really clean paint on your 202, and still beat newer benzes.

jaysonvaldez
09-16-2004, 07:47 PM
thanks for your opinions. I'll probably just enter to have fun. because if I know I'm going to lose then I'll be just wasting my money for the competition part. Plus theirs alot of politics behind the judges....

ryhi
09-16-2004, 11:47 PM
i also think it has a lot to do with the team u represent..

BangnBenz
09-17-2004, 05:34 PM
At the show i was just entered in i beat out a cl600 because he was bone stock and only got points for being clean. nothing in custom fields. and me only having tvs stereo and brake work i beat him out. but that wasn't a huge show but none the less. if you got stuff done you can definately win. but i am also a member of one of the most respected groups in MN so that might have help too.

jnolte
09-17-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by BangnBenz
At the show i was just entered in i beat out a cl600 because he was bone stock and only got points for being clean. nothing in custom fields. and me only having tvs stereo and brake work i beat him out. but that wasn't a huge show but none the less. if you got stuff done you can definately win. but i am also a member of one of the most respected groups in MN so that might have help too.

LOL you enterred your car with only ICE?

what show was this? in your back yard lol

BangnBenz
09-18-2004, 01:24 PM
Actually it was the minneapolis Autovations show. i also have 70 % of my engine bay chromed. two sets of underbody neons. exhaust and intake. woodgrain steering wheel, projector headlights with angel eyes. gucci wrapped interior pieces along with fiberglassed sub box. i have #2 pads in now and upgraded rotors and new calipers color matched to my car. i also had a pair of 19" davins on for the show. and a carbon fiber hood. and misc billet pulleys made by my friends machine shop.

jaysonvaldez
09-18-2004, 02:36 PM
can I see a pic of that car. Sounds pretty tite.

Kswiss
09-18-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by BangnBenz
Actually it was the minneapolis Autovations show. i also have 70 % of my engine bay chromed. two sets of underbody neons. exhaust and intake. woodgrain steering wheel, projector headlights with angel eyes. gucci wrapped interior pieces along with fiberglassed sub box. i have #2 pads in now and upgraded rotors and new calipers color matched to my car. i also had a pair of 19" davins on for the show. and a carbon fiber hood. and misc billet pulleys made by my friends machine shop.

Please how a pic of your headlights....I would like to see them. Night picture with headlights on would be nice. Thanks

Eurosport
09-18-2004, 06:16 PM
stock cars don't belong in ANY shows
i don't understand how they would even let a stock CL be in a car show, that's ridiculous
anyone can know absolutely nothing about the car, go on the lot buy it and enter it in a a show stock? wtf no sweat put in nothing learned no ideas, no improvising, no nothing, that's just gay

BangnBenz
09-18-2004, 07:35 PM
all i have for a digi cam is on my phone which is the old ghetto 8100 sanyo so night pics don't turn out. i will try to borrow my friends cam to get some pics up. but my crews website should have the pics loaded in the next week from the show

jaysonvaldez
09-19-2004, 12:33 AM
I seen a newer E class AMG 55 winning best mercedes with being lowered, exhaust, body kit, and multi piece rims. Everything else was stock like his motor, interior, no I.C.E. He beat out all the Benz that attended. All the others were lower classes but way more modifications. It seems like you get much more points depending how much you payed for your car or the judges might just be GAY =/

Ashkan's C280
09-26-2004, 10:25 PM
well in regards to the w202, it seems like it can be modded more than other classes eg s class, you don't see many acces for them or anything, but you see a shit load for the w202, and some you crazy guys just make up, so keep shareing the ideas, its how us n00bs learn