PDA

View Full Version : Change pads

Benz916
09-21-2004, 02:09 AM
I dont know much about suspension but...Could you just change pads to slightly lower the car?

Superpnoy
09-21-2004, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by Benz916
I dont know much about suspension but...Could you just change pads to slightly lower the car?

yup yup! :banana: thats the point of changing the pads...to lower the car a little more...but are you running on oem springs? if yah your car is still going to be a little high...i have springs already and imma put the #1 pads on so the front is almost tucked in...

SW1TCHED
09-21-2004, 06:08 AM
Hi! I have the same question

I have springs (eibach) already too and the car lower considerably but I would like lower the car a little more, if I put the #1 pads would lower the car a little more? I already have original pads.

What as much would lower?

c230 K sport 1999

Rocky
09-21-2004, 08:57 AM
Try the search button guys. There's a crapload of info on this subject.

just a quick refresher..all mercedes lower differently. All mercedes come out of the factory with different size pads. there are 5 sizes of pads..so obviously if you have a #5 pad (being the thickest) then moving to a #1 pad (being the thinnest)) will lower it a little. Changing to a #1 pad will not 'slam' your car. Difference would probably be fairly unnoticible.

xstream
09-21-2004, 11:37 PM
by the way how low can i go? if i change the suspension pads? and where can i get them as well as how much it usually cost?

Rocky
09-22-2004, 05:52 AM
Like I said, do a search on 'spring pad'. There's a crap load of info.

http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=751&highlight=spring+pad

jnolte
09-22-2004, 11:25 AM
There is SO much info already covered on this site for w202 its not even funny. If u have a question try SEARCH and most likley the topic has been covered 5 times over!!!!!!
SEARCH works on this forum!

Jbizzyc43
09-22-2004, 03:40 PM
I have lowered my C43 with H&R Sports and bilstein and number 2 and 4 pads (front and rear). I have 18 in. rims all around. I have no gap in rear and barely a finger gap in front. I'm not satisfied with the look because it's too low for me. I want it to look lowered but still classy if you know what I mean. If I reinstall my stock springs and use the #1 pads all around, will this give me the one finger gap that I wish for? Does anyone have this set up? Pics?

Rocky
09-22-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Jbizzyc43
I have lowered my C43 with H&R Sports and bilstein and number 2 and 4 pads (front and rear). I have 18 in. rims all around. I have no gap in rear and barely a finger gap in front. I'm not satisfied with the look because it's too low for me. I want it to look lowered but still classy if you know what I mean. If I reinstall my stock springs and use the #1 pads all around, will this give me the one finger gap that I wish for? Does anyone have this set up? Pics?

Use #1 pads and the euro AMG springs. Euro sAMG springs lower the car about 1 inche lower then the US AMG spring.

coolcarlskic43
09-29-2004, 03:19 AM
I have lowered my C43 with H&R Sports and bilstein and number 2 and 4 pads (front and rear). I have 18 in. rims all around. I have no gap in rear and barely a finger gap in front. I'm not satisfied with the look because it's too low for me. I want it to look lowered but still classy if you know what I mean. If I reinstall my stock springs and use the #1 pads all around, will this give me the one finger gap that I wish for? Does anyone have this set up? Pics? I thought you had some space in the rear since you're using #4's?With the 2&4 set up does the car look even or still very low in the back? I also see it's a 4mm difference between each pad size. #4=17mm,#3's=13mm,#2's =9mm. 2-4 is a 8mm diff.I wonder if that would be too high?

Rocky
09-29-2004, 05:40 AM
REMEMBER...EACH CAR IS DIFFERENT WHEN IT COMES TO ADJUSTING RIDE HEIGHT. BASED ON WHAT OPTIONS YOU HAVE AND HOW THE VEHICLE CAME FROM THE FACTORY, DIFFERENT SPRING PADS WERE USED FOR EACH CAR. JUST BECAUSE WE HAVE THE SAME CAR AND THE SAME OPTIONS DOESN'T MEAN THAT IF WE HAVE THE SAME SUSPENSION SETUP, WE WILL SEE THE SAME RESULTS WITH THE SAME PADS.

Ok that said I hope this posts stops and please use the search.

The only way your going to find out how a car sits with so and so spring pad is to actually swap them out and experiment.

allirroz
09-29-2004, 06:05 AM
Ok that said I hope this posts stops and please use the search

Isnt this a forum wherein anyone can chime in for issues or suggestions?

Rocky
09-29-2004, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by allirroz
Ok that said I hope this posts stops and please use the search

Isnt this a forum wherein anyone can chime in for issues or suggestions?

It's cause the same questions get asked over and over and over and over when all you have to do is use the search. Hence why the search button was changed to red today/yesterday.

I'm sure it a storage and bandwith issue as well. The sister site runs on the same box no?

coolcarlskic43
11-04-2004, 03:09 PM
I have lowered my C43 with H&R Sports and bilstein and number 2 and 4 pads (front and rear). I have 18 in. rims all around. I have no gap in rear and barely a finger gap in front. I'm not satisfied with the look because it's too low for me. I want it to look lowered but still classy if you know what I mean. If I reinstall my stock springs and use the #1 pads all around, will this give me the one finger gap that I wish for? Does anyone have this set up? Pics? Maybe you should go with the eibach springs.I put the #3's in front and the #4's in back and now the car sits very nice.I'm so picky though and am contemplating putting the #3's in the bac which will give me #3's all around vs when i originally had 2's all around.Present setup is #3's in front #4's in back with eibach springs.Ride is much nicer as well.

coolcarlskic43
11-04-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Rocky
REMEMBER...EACH CAR IS DIFFERENT WHEN IT COMES TO ADJUSTING RIDE HEIGHT. BASED ON WHAT OPTIONS YOU HAVE AND HOW THE VEHICLE CAME FROM THE FACTORY, DIFFERENT SPRING PADS WERE USED FOR EACH CAR. JUST BECAUSE WE HAVE THE SAME CAR AND THE SAME OPTIONS DOESN'T MEAN THAT IF WE HAVE THE SAME SUSPENSION SETUP, WE WILL SEE THE SAME RESULTS WITH THE SAME PADS.

Ok that said I hope this posts stops and please use the search.

The only way your going to find out how a car sits with so and so spring pad is to actually swap them out and experiment. I can understand each car having different pads but are'nt the chassis,subframes etc all the same?If so then a car with the same exact pads,shox,and springs should sit the same, no?