PDA

View Full Version : puddle lights installation need a bit of help lads

heman
09-22-2004, 03:25 AM
ok now i have got the puddle lights for the front two doors of my car now i have searched and i have found fitting instructions on the cars that are after 97.
mine is 94 so i need to know what the deal is because i followed the wires off the pin to activate and deactivate inside lights when door opens or closes.
there was two terminals off the pin one was the earth one, and the other had two wires coming off it.
now at the moment i tapped into both terminals and i have took the wires straight into the doors.
but i think wats happening is i got one earth wire which is correct, but the other two wires that went to the same terminal that wire that i have followed through to the door is not the power wire, but i dont wanna put a power wire straight to the door if the lights just gona stay on all the time, now im screwing so if someone has done this in your car give us a hand and tell me what the deal is here

remember before 97 car yeh

thanks

Kind Regards

H3MAN

heman
09-22-2004, 06:52 AM
how did i know this would happen....are you seriously telling me nobody here knows how to fit these puddle lights???
come on there must be someone out theres who has had a little mess about with this and done this mod on a 94-97

09-22-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by heman
how did i know this would happen....are you seriously telling me nobody here knows how to fit these puddle lights???
come on there must be someone out theres who has had a little mess about with this and done this mod on a 94-97

I was repling you but I stopped myself because I've a 97 model, I've cabled the puddle light to a suitable connection in a dedicated black elec.module inside each front door. Probably pre 97, as you said is different, but the criteria is that the puddle light are still controlled by the front dome light.

There was a tread times ago if I'm not wrong at MbClubUk forum and there was photos with necessary cables and connections they refer to pre 97 model.

Sorry to can't help you more.

:)

rizal2510
09-22-2004, 08:23 AM

Found this at www.mbclub.co.uk...done by the resident modder for pre facelift car.

Pre97 Puddle Light Mod (http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=302)

Hope this helps..

heman
09-23-2004, 04:20 AM
rizal 2510 and 1998 k i wanna just say thanks alot for this, even to u 1998k for making an attempt.
listen rizal thanks for finding the link but u know i read the link through and its ok wiring it to the main inside lights on the roof but u know i cant understand why i need to get it all fuse protected for, i mean i dont really mind if it just fades out with the doors or not. ontop of this where does that wire go into the top light lamp thing???
in the meantime im gona try and trial and error to see if i can just push the wire in any of the sockets and see if it works
once again thanks for the link Riz

kind regards

H3MAN

MBenzNL
09-23-2004, 06:33 AM
i cant understand why i need to get it all fuse protected for, i mean i dont really mind if it just fades out with the doors or not. ontop of this where does that wire go into the top light lamp thing??
Because THAT is how the puddle lights are wired up from factory!!! Either you do it the proper way and ask on a forum how it needs to be done, or you do it however you want it to do and do not ask anybody to spend time on your questions as you don't like the answer anyways...

Do it the right way or don't do it at all...

greetingz,

09-23-2004, 10:55 PM
Heman, as suggested is really the best way the factory mode, obviously other possibilities and/or solution can be done but the factory one is really the way to go, may be more trouble and work but at the end you'll be more sactisfied.

For info, consider that at that time when I've made that modification after bought the puddle light, and waiting the necessary wire connection from the dealership, I tried, only to see how it will work, a connection directly to the dome light (the light bulb itself): I burned the el-circuit in the dome light.

about 350 Euro for the whole piece (dome light), fortunately I find an internal el-component (few cents) burned and, as last hope, I tried to replace it. Was really happy because I solve the problem with a lot of lick.

hoping my bad english explanation will be clear.

:)

rizal2510
09-25-2004, 12:53 AM

in the meantime im gona try and trial and error to see if i can just push the wire in any of the sockets and see if it works
once again thanks for the link Riz

kind regards

H3MAN

I would strongly advise against this..as per 1998K explanation..you might get other parts to malfunction..

even following the OEM way I've managed to screw something up, luckily nothing major..

Ashkan's C280
09-25-2004, 03:46 PM
puddle lights, whao I just heard of this now, very cool, what other mods factory or not can be done to a 202, I'm talking apperance or performance, if someone has a list(Looking at Steve) of things that we can do, like trunk closer or something please let me know, and assume the 202 has no optons at all, thanks guys

heman
09-27-2004, 12:45 AM
well lads i fitted the sun visors in with the lights i bought the part number from the dealers that connects the sun visors to the centre console, and its fitting wasnt in my centre console light, so i got so pissed off i though ok fine i saw the brown and grey wire coming into the console saying here i am cut me so i spliced it and connected the things to that and just cut the clip off the end of the sun visor connectors cable wat a rip off, i paid £16 for two wires......
and as for the puddle lights i have not connected them yet i dont know i wired the wires from the pin on the door and the earth but that didnt do it, but i think i found a way to do it, im gonna fit two strobes in blue same colour as my car under the front left and right of the dashboard so when i open the door the puddle lights and the interior lights and the strobes are all blue im gonna pull an independant positive wire and negative is close by and im gonna drill two new pins in just for this mod so when the door shuts they close and when it opens they activate...... doing it the proper way u guys said is so much hassle and not really worth just the puddle lights itself and doing it this way will hopefully give me more power and no worries about blowing anything else, so once again thanks a lot, but riz the link was great thanks for the help,
and MBenzNL i thought ud never reply hahahaha oh well it isnt im not appreciating the advice of people and wasting their time its knowing every way to go and selecting the best route its called a 'process of elimination'. but anyway dont worry about it and once again thanks for the fare share you put in, maybe u might just agree to race my c220D non turbo diesel with ur c250TD auto Turbo diesel......then we will see who gets to the next set of lights first....
thanks once again everyone

Kind Regards

H3MAN

MBenzNL
09-27-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by heman maybe u might just agree to race my c220D non turbo diesel with ur c250TD auto Turbo diesel......then we will see who gets to the next set of lights first....[/B]
I do not have a TURBO diesel...and I do not race either...as there is nothing I need to proove...

greetingz,

H3MAN
09-28-2004, 02:39 AM
naaaaaaaaaaaa MBenzNL you aint got a turbo on your 250, sorri mate but i think you are right you have got nothing to prove now, i got no doubts about who will be at the next set of lights....hahahaha
you know what your the funniest character iv met on this whole forum so far and so they say your the god.....hmmmm well if characters like you remain im sure this forum will always be a funny place to be in, anyway wat u saying then just for my pleasure let me thrash you go on pleaseeeee hahahaha
anyways take care and watch how you go good to see your still around looking at the puddle lights thread too

Kind Regards

H3MAN

Ashkan's C280
11-29-2004, 11:49 AM
can you have ill door sills and puddle lights well ill door sills front and rear and same with puddle lights, while the rear puddle will be like on the 210 where its under the seat like on steves car, can this be done?

Brabus
11-30-2004, 01:32 PM
Post some pics man... write up a DIY... :)

ShollyC220
11-30-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by H3MAN
naaaaaaaaaaaa MBenzNL you aint got a turbo on your 250, sorri mate but i think you are right you have got nothing to prove now, i got no doubts about who will be at the next set of lights....hahahaha
you know what your the funniest character iv met on this whole forum so far and so they say your the god.....hmmmm well if characters like you remain im sure this forum will always be a funny place to be in, anyway wat u saying then just for my pleasure let me thrash you go on pleaseeeee hahahaha
anyways take care and watch how you go good to see your still around looking at the puddle lights thread too

Kind Regards

H3MAN

So you're telling me the position of god is already taken??? Verflixt! I was hoping I could move up someday...

Interesting post here, I think I'll try this mod. Just one thing- are the puddle lights located under the side mirrors or are they under the doors?

-sholly