PDA

View Full Version : headlight bulbs

c5vetteman
09-25-2004, 08:55 AM
Im gonna replace my low and high beam headlight bulbs to something brighter with HID looks and i was wondering what bulbs(piaa xtreme white plus or silverstar) would give me more of the blueish look of HID's. In your opinion which one of the bulbs do you think is better and what watts and type of bulb would be best on my 96 c280. Im going more for looks and would only sacrafice a bit of driving visibilty but not much.

tinter101
09-26-2004, 07:27 PM
Of the two bulbs you listed, the PIAA bulb would be a little
more blue. Nothing will even begin to come close to real xenon.
I had a set of Piaa plasma blue bulbs in my last car and really
liked them. I had to have one of them replaced under warranty
within one year so you might want to buy from someone local.
Also never touch these bulbs with your fingers.

mr. gatsbury
09-29-2004, 10:01 PM
i want bulbs that have a nice crystal blueish look too. I see them on cars all the time non-Xenon but never had the opportunity to ask what kind of bulbs they are. I have silverstar's for driving and fog ligts (the factory fogs in the headlight assembly) they aren't yellow like the stock ones but they aren't enough...... I would like to see the PIAA's in person. That's what sucks about buying bulbs can't see them work until you buy them. Do they make the PIAAs for the fogs as well???

Tom Q
09-30-2004, 08:17 AM
I bought cheap bulbs called Nokya for $ 30 something. Bulb wattage is 100/90. This means 100w for dim and 90w for bright. I installed in it my Isuzu Rodeo and it gives off that blueish light that you probably want. For my 202, I bought RayBrig which is more expensive but I am not happy with the results. AT least with the cheaper bulb, you don't get pissed off when they burn out.

tinter101
09-30-2004, 05:28 PM
I heard the Raybrig bulbs were very nice. Brighter than Piaa
but are they bluish or white?

Tom Q
10-01-2004, 09:38 AM
they are more of white than blue. I think I need a brighter one like 100W and they don't cost as much as PIAA.