PDA

View Full Version : I finally gave in and bought come tv's for my c280...now for some questions!!

c280ron
09-27-2004, 04:47 PM
Hello everyone,

Well I finally did it, I bought an indash monitor/dvd player (Clarion vrx935-vd) and two 7" monitors for my headrests(soundstreams). I will be installing them this weekend. The headunit seems to be easy, I have bought all the necessary acc. like the vw harness, ant. adaptor and bose converter.

I searched the forums for any inputs on the headrest monitors being installed and really didn't find anything about them. Has anyone installed them on w202 with power headrest adjustments? How did you hide and route the wires? Did anyone have to cut the reinforcement frame in the headrest to install the monitors? how difficult was it? I dont really want to get the savv headrest. Oh also do I have to buy a mounting kit for the headunit or is there a way to mount the headunit without it? Any inputs and tips are appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance,

Ronaldo
99 c280

ps. I will try to take pictures and make full install guide so it will be alot easier for other who want to try install headrest monitors in the future.

ja2k
09-27-2004, 09:38 PM
That would be great I would like to do this as well in the future. Why didin't you just go with savv headrest, its a much easier install.

c280ron
09-28-2004, 08:02 AM
Im trying to keep the cost down on the install.

ja2k
09-28-2004, 12:28 PM
Oh okay

neema12
09-28-2004, 02:34 PM
Need I say more?
http://digitalww.com/TM701L_install14.htm

1SIKBNZ
09-28-2004, 03:31 PM
that might be a lil bit of help kinda brief and scattered thou, hey ron im gunna be wanting to do the sam ething so if you do it/ figure it out maybe we could meet up and you could help me out with how you did yours.... im in the bay also...

c280ron
09-28-2004, 05:17 PM
1SIKBNZ:
Sure no problem!! Im actuatally going to be doing this on Sat. if you want you can stop by and see it or help out!!! :classic:
Oh also when you installed your indash monitor/dvd player, did you need a mounting kit to install it properly or did it slide right in?

neema12: Thanks for the link!!! That really help me visualize what I need to do!!!

Thanks again guys!!!
Ronaldo

neema12
09-28-2004, 05:17 PM
I am may be installing headrest in my car too, if we all want to meet up?

c280ron
09-28-2004, 05:56 PM
Well I think I have all my stuff ready for installation this Saturday!! You guys are welcome to wrench in my house!!
email me if you are for sure .. I live in Fairfield near the Travis airbase.

rmalinis@comcast.net

Thanks,
Ronaldo