PDA

View Full Version : PBR Ultimate Ceramic brake pads

JAY4
10-04-2004, 09:50 AM
Was wondering if anyone here has had any expirence with these PBR pads--Do they perform well, and do they throw less dust than stock pads? I am considering using them with stock rotors on a '98 C280.

Rocky
10-04-2004, 10:02 AM
Don't get Axxis Deluxe pads. They suck. I have them. They squeal and make a nasty griding sound when you brake. Yes i got OEM rotors with these pads.

J Irwan
10-04-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Rocky
Don't get Axxis Deluxe pads. They suck. I have them. They squeal and make a nasty griding sound when you brake. Yes i got OEM rotors with these pads.

dude are you sure the pad seated properly and did you not forget putting some anti-squeal paste ..?

I am running PBR deluxe and it doesn't squeal at all... and yet it is so dustles... its like 90% dustless :)

Also when you replace the pad, on your C36 make sure that you replace those small "piston plates" as well... You might need to remove the old ones and clean/sand the piston..so that the new plate can seated properly..thus eliminate vibration..which can lead to the squealing pad...

Regardz,

Rocky
10-04-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by J Irwan
dude are you sure the pad seated properly and did you not forget putting some anti-squeal paste ..?

I am running PBR deluxe and it doesn't squeal at all... and yet it is so dustles... its like 90% dustless :)

Also when you replace the pad, on your C36 make sure that you replace those small "piston plates" as well... You might need to remove the old ones and clean/sand the piston..so that the new plate can seated properly..thus eliminate vibration..which can lead to the squealing pad...

Regardz,

Course it's seated properly and yes i did re=use the plates after I cleaned them up. Makes this nasty grinding sound when I brake sometimes.

misterblack
10-04-2004, 08:26 PM
I have the PBR ultimate pads on my C36.....they work great!

My front wheels are nice and clean now.

No noise...very low dust and work well at high speed.

JAY4
10-11-2004, 05:34 AM
So far no noise and a perfect fit. Don't know about dusting yet as it's too soon. I'm still taking it easy on them to insure that they bed properly. I will post again in about a week to let you all know how they are working out----
p.s. I think I got a really good price on these from http://www.allimportedparts.com/ incase anyone needs pads--
PBR Ultimate Ceramic pads for the front of my '98 C280 & (4) brake wear sensors for about 59.00 shipped. And got them in 2 days.