PDA

View Full Version : gear indicator

w202mod
10-06-2004, 04:49 AM
Hi yalll

I recently installed sports package instument cluster in my car...

this instrument cluster is awsome....

but here is my question....

1. new cluster has gear indicator screen right next (left side) to the clock....right now it is not showing anything.....anyhow I can make this gear indicator work????

2. The odometer screen is only showing partially......How can I fix this display problem other than getting another cluster????

nokia8860
10-06-2004, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by w202mod

1. new cluster has gear indicator screen right next (left side) to the clock....right now it is not showing anything.....anyhow I can make this gear indicator work????

2. The odometer screen is only showing partially......How can I fix this display problem other than getting another cluster????

1) You cant as you have the wrong transmission for the cluster. It will always show a box. (check out my post with the 208 cluster you will see too that I have the box next to the clock.

2) It may appear you have purchased a broken cluster. :(

w202mod
10-06-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by nokia8860
1) You cant as you have the wrong transmission for the cluster. It will always show a box. (check out my post with the 208 cluster you will see too that I have the box next to the clock.

hmmmm broken cluster.....

the person who sold it still tells me that it was working properly until he removed it....

Is it possible that the screen can be damaged during shipping????

nokia8860
10-06-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by w202mod
hmmmm broken cluster.....

the person who sold it still tells me that it was working properly until he removed it....

Is it possible that the screen can be damaged during shipping????

I dont know. Post a picture of it in your car powered up. Maybe it might be something else.

jnolte
10-06-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by nokia8860

if i got a cluster like that with a 1998 would it work? its the newer tranny but not the newest

nokia8860
10-06-2004, 11:33 AM
The tranny is the 2000 tranny with their touchshift/whatever they call it wanting to be automanual transmission. With the +/- shifter

If you dont have this and you add a cluster from this year you will get the box by the clock.