PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone integrated system on a 202??

cthirtysizzle
10-07-2004, 11:24 PM
So I'm about to get a new PalmOne Treo 600 and I've always wanted one of those integrated phone systems but with a cell phone. My old integrated system is gone (replaced by my V1 radar), but the microphone is still in tact. Is it possible/hard to build an integrated system that will work with my cell phone?

Denlasoul
10-08-2004, 07:55 AM
Ive seen some articles about member integrating phones at mercedesshop.com.

I dont think there is anything regarding your particular phone, but it may give you an idea on how to start.

Good luck

unHookt
01-05-2005, 01:21 PM
any luck with that?

cthirtysizzle
01-05-2005, 01:53 PM
no dice. it really shouldn't be too hard, I just want a professional to do it for me.

97Brabus
01-05-2005, 03:02 PM
I actually work for Cingular, formerly AT&T Wireless and used to partner with Telematics (the company who really organizes between the carriers and MB). The 202 was fitted for Verizon and AT&T TDMA devices. Anyone familliar with the Motorola V60?
Thats the most recent phone the factory officially supported (for US cars anyways). I looked into it a while ago and the Telematics guy said there were no current plans to create a retrofit kit for the 202. I am sure it can be done but nothing officially supported that I know of. Might call your local stealership to be sure though. If nothing else I am sure there's a way some good stereo shops can do it....for a price.

cthirtysizzle
01-05-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by 97Brabus
I actually work for Cingular, formerly AT&T Wireless and used to partner with Telematics (the company who really organizes between the carriers and MB). The 202 was fitted for Verizon and AT&T TDMA devices. Anyone familliar with the Motorola V60?
Thats the most recent phone the factory officially supported (for US cars anyways). I looked into it a while ago and the Telematics guy said there were no current plans to create a retrofit kit for the 202. I am sure it can be done but nothing officially supported that I know of. Might call your local stealership to be sure though. If nothing else I am sure there's a way some good stereo shops can do it....for a price.

That's some good information. Now let's talk about how I get the newest phones for Cingular AT&T for free. I.e. the RAZR, Treo 650, trial phones that are coming out years from now....:D

Renn 208
01-05-2005, 04:54 PM
While I'm not sure about your particular phone, there are a number of options available for integrating a phone with Mercedes-Benz original parts. The advantage being complete integration with Comand, Linguatronic, Multi-function dash, etc.

A good resource would be www.mbenznl.com. Steve can also address any specific questions you might have.

The site may only discuss the 6310i for the moment, but it may be worth your time to ask about the UHI kits which cover a wider range of phones.

The other option would be to integrate an aftermarket phone kit. Less integration with MB electronics, but if you must have your particular phone work, it may be the only way.

unHookt
01-05-2005, 06:50 PM
Hopefully someone out there will work on a kit for the motorola razr. There must be an untapped market of folks who are willing to pay $500 for a phone...like me ;)

wouldn't it just be a matter of developing a compatible harness to match the componentry available on the site you point out above?

cthirtysizzle
01-05-2005, 07:41 PM
Seriously, we're talking a 2.5mm plug, a microphone and some speakers. It's freakin' 2005. We can land on Mars and we're thinking about Saturn, how bout' my 202!

Renn 208
01-05-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by cthirtysizzle
Seriously, we're talking a 2.5mm plug, a microphone and some speakers. It's freakin' 2005. We can land on Mars and we're thinking about Saturn, how bout' my 202!

If that's all you want...it can be quite eaily done with any "car kit" out there.

It's only when you want it to work with the MB components that I mentioned above that it gets more interesting.

Another approach would be to find and wire in a Bluetooth car kit...then it almost wouldn't matter what phone you get, as long as it had blue tooth, you could still use it in the car.

cthirtysizzle
01-05-2005, 09:06 PM
That is all I want, but I want it to be hooked up to my existing built in Mercedes microphone and my Bose stereo system.

1SIKBNZ
01-06-2005, 11:44 AM
this is sumthin that i have wanted to do but cant find the info as far as, where do the wires run/located for the mic also the ones that lead to the speakers (as part of the phone system.) my thoughts on this, or at least if i can get this info, would be to attempt to take a handsfree headset for my model phone splice the mic/speaker off and wire the corresponding wires to the mic/ speaker input output of the cars built in. this may sound confusing when im tryin to type it but in theroy it should work i believe. so if anyone has the info on where i can find the wires to tap the mic and the lead to the speakers for when cell is active. (colors possibly), and also any thoughts on my theroy ill go ahead and try it and post results.... thanks!

97Brabus
01-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by cthirtysizzle
That's some good information. Now let's talk about how I get the newest phones for Cingular AT&T for free. I.e. the RAZR, Treo 650, trial phones that are coming out years from now....:D

Damn...I can't even get the Razr yet! Well I can but...I loose my unlimited minutes plan. No phone is worth that. I actually can't get deals on equipment either. I pay more than consumers for phones...raw ain't it!! Best thing to do if you have Cingular and you want a cool new device is to buy a "SIM unlocked device" on the web somewhere. There are plenty of phones out there but most of what you find in the US are SIM locked for the specific carrier. I've never really cared that much....

Oh, and most of you guys have MBUSA cars so you might try that website. Technologies/wiring used for car kits are probably different in Europe since they have always been far more advanced in wireless and been using GSM devices for a long time.

1SIKBNZ
01-16-2005, 10:51 AM
bump...any wiring info? (see above)

cthirtysizzle
05-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Has anyone integrated their cell phone w/ the Bose system yet??? I'm still interested!

mbLova
05-26-2005, 10:35 AM
lookin into the same exact thing on my 1999 c280. its got the telephone button the stereo with the 6cd changer in da back. i ot a brand spankin new v710 from verizon. im pretty good with electronics and would def be up for a project integrating the bluetooth capabilities with the mercedes phone capabilites. i just need some place to start to learn about how to integrate. would appreciate the help.

thanks

mblova

unHookt
05-26-2005, 11:58 AM
a project like this could gain a lot of support. I guess first thing would be to talk to steve regarding his existing phone integration kits and how they work. at least then you'd have the mercedes side of the puzzle cleared up.

1SIKBNZ
05-26-2005, 01:01 PM
anyone come up with the phone wiring info? the pre existing wires in the car, where they run? colors of the mic wire and speaker connection wire/wires? thanks!

mbLova
05-30-2005, 12:28 PM
i think this is exactly what im lookin for for the w202. check out this link, its a mbworld forum its titled

Parrot CK-3100 Bluetooth installed with Bose Stereo

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=108697

check it out guys

cthirtysizzle
05-31-2005, 10:30 AM
wow, thanks for putting that link up in here!! that's exactly what i've been looking for!