PDA

View Full Version : supersprint headers?

jstrat85
10-10-2004, 05:54 PM
hi guys i just got super sprint headers for my car but it didint come with any gaskits, or instructions? is that how it comes?:(

FreeStyler
10-10-2004, 06:02 PM
Sorry I cant help you, but I would like to ask if you know the performance improvement in changing the headers of our 202?

jstrat85
10-10-2004, 06:07 PM
the guy told me 25hp but i dont now how much torque it gives me. the only reason im not puting them on right now is because i did a chip and i want to see how much more diffrence im going to see with out the headers. the problem is my car wont start because of my ecu? i dont know whats wrong with it? im going to call him tom.

SLAMMED_C
10-10-2004, 06:08 PM
I dont know what the supersprint header comes with, so I cant help you out on that.
but Im sure it uses the same gasket as stock manifold does.. so either buy one from the dealer or an online parts source.

http://www.supersprint.com/prodotti/842101.jpg
is this the header you bought??

jstrat85
10-10-2004, 07:02 PM
yea but it not crome like in the pic.

SLAMMED_C
10-10-2004, 07:07 PM
so it replaces your cat also?? I was under the impression it was only a manifold replacement.
did it come with any hadeware at all??.. any clamps? that may need to be welded onto your existing exhaust pipe.

MrSpace
10-10-2004, 08:13 PM
there is no cat on that picture!

the header does not come with the cats AFAIK

Etienne

SLAMMED_C
10-10-2004, 08:20 PM
there is no cat on that picture!
the header does not come with the cats AFAIK
I know there is no cat in the picture and I know the supersprint header doesnt come with any cats...
whta im saying is it looks like the supersprint header replaces the cats.. so you have no cats on your car.
if you look at your cars exhaust system.. you will see that the manifold and header are about the same length as the supersprint header.. where the header goes from a 2 into 1 on the supersprint.. is normally where the cat would be on your w202 exhaust system.

jnolte
10-10-2004, 10:29 PM
jstrat

have you installed the chip yet? I have heard that you need to have the ECU reprogrammed with the header installed to get a bigger gain

MrSpace
10-11-2004, 04:13 AM
Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
I know there is no cat in the picture and I know the supersprint header doesnt come with any cats...
whta im saying is it looks like the supersprint header replaces the cats.. so you have no cats on your car.
if you look at your cars exhaust system.. you will see that the manifold and header are about the same length as the supersprint header.. where the header goes from a 2 into 1 on the supersprint.. is normally where the cat would be on your w202 exhaust system.

hum, are you sure?

on my car the cats seems to be where the header in the picture finishes (I have two cats). There is no pespective in a picture and it'S hard to see but it seems that it'S not very long after going "down".

jstrat85 should answer us:)

Etienne

jstrat85
10-11-2004, 06:00 AM
hey whats up guys i wanted to install my chip first to see how much diffrences i would see just with the chip. but i think there is some thing wrong with the chip because my car wont start! im going to call them up today to find out what going on. the headers came with nothing, theres the headers, 2pipes going into one and then theres 2 small pipes that i dont now were they go! in the pic they also look crome but there not! very disapointed when i saw them! i hope the power that they are supposed to give me makes me feel better! :D

Pagz
10-11-2004, 04:41 PM
hey guys while you on this topic has anyone ever seen
headers for a right hand drive 230K??,
I couldnt get a reply from supersprint!!,I know they have left hand drive ones
Thanks