PDA

View Full Version : 18x9 WHEELS

jnolte
06-10-2003, 08:33 AM
There are 18x9 Carlsson wheels on Ebay for 950 buy it now. There are 4 pairs. Is 18x9 too wide for all the way around?? I know you can put em on the back but the front will be like in the middle of the wheel!! I was talking to Henry47 and he said this is true they are too wide!!

dwang
06-10-2003, 09:21 AM
Don't do it... Too wide of a fitment for the 202. I think it would be alright for a 210, but for 202 stick with 8.5" widths max up front. Unless of course, you like to drive in a straight line...

Dave

jnolte
06-10-2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by dwang
Don't do it... Too wide of a fitment for the 202. I think it would be alright for a 210, but for 202 stick with 8.5" widths max up front. Unless of course, you like to drive in a straight line...

Dave

So even if i got 18x8 and 18x9 that would be too wide also??? I was going to buy some 18 inch monoblock 2s from a guy that said this setup would fit perfect on a lowered c-class?? Is he wrong??

Rocky
06-10-2003, 09:42 AM
You can probably fit whatever you want..if you have the $$$.

jnolte
06-10-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Rocky
You can probably fit whatever you want..if you have the $$$.

WELL NO SHIT!!!!

Rocky
06-10-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
WELL NO SHIT!!!!

You asked if they would fit. Well.they can if you want to add fender flares and roll the fender and stuff.

There's a post over at another forum where someone put 255's on the front with no rubbing problem...lowered too. I'm not sure how he did it though..i don't think he mentioed it.

Rocky
06-10-2003, 09:53 AM
Her it is...my bad he's runing 18 X 8.5.

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38373&perpage=10&highlight=255&pagenumber=3

jnolte
06-10-2003, 09:59 AM
Her it is...my bad he's runing 18 X 8.5.

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38373&perpage=10&highlight=255&pagenumber=3

Well could i run 18x8.8 in the front and 8.9 out back with out rubbing with it lowered like 2.00 inches??

Rocky
06-10-2003, 10:02 AM
I think so...i'm so confused now too. I've read 3 different boards about offset, rim size, tire size, spacers etc i'm getting a headache.

I think it all comes down to each car and the factors. what combination of spring pads, type of spring, type of shock, is it an amg(rolled fender). It's so nutty when it comes down to it.

J Irwan
06-10-2003, 10:03 AM
So even if i got 18x8 and 18x9 that would be too wide also??? I was going to buy some 18 inch monoblock 2s from a guy that said this setup would fit perfect on a lowered c-class?? Is he wrong??

18x8 and 18x9 is the perfect setup for w202 for staggered looks without having to do any body modification (off course this assumed the correct offset)

But 18x9 in the front would be imposibble without the wide body fender

if you trying to get the higher offset the inside of the wheel will hit the steering knuckle, however if you go with lower offset the outside of the wheel will hit the fender..

8.5 width rimm would be the max for CLK (W208), W202.. front..

Regardz,

J Irwan

jnolte
06-10-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by J Irwan
18x8 and 18x9 is the perfect setup for w202 for staggered looks without having to do any body modification (off course this assumed the correct offset)

But 18x9 in the front would be imposibble without the wide body fender

if you trying to get the higher offset the inside of the wheel will hit the steering knuckle, however if you go with lower offset the outside of the wheel will hit the fender..

8.5 width rimm would be the max for CLK (W208), W202.. front..

Wait So 8.8 will not fit for the front on a w202 with no modifications??? I would have to get 18x8 and 18x9.

Regardz,

J Irwan

jnolte
06-10-2003, 10:13 AM
So this is what it comes down too..

18x8 and 18x9 will fitt. 18x8.8 and 18x8.9 will not fit?? So i need to find some 18x8 and 18x9 rims

J Irwan
06-10-2003, 10:52 AM
I think so...i'm so confused now too. I've read 3 different boards about offset, rim size, tire size, spacers etc i'm getting a headache.

I think it all comes down to each car and the factors. what combination of spring pads, type of spring, type of shock, is it an amg(rolled fender). It's so nutty when it comes down to it.

Rocky

About the fitmen, the most important factor is offset and width..
it doesn't matter if you go with 18 or 19
18x8.5 and 19x8.5 will have the same offset (for the same fitment)
if you go with with 17 you might have more tolerance on the offset number since 17" wheel give you more room under the fender to play with anyway..

Tire size is another different thing, always follow the guide line

8" width 225 for front, and you could go for 245/35/18 for rear setup.
8.5" width 235 (for front, and if you're using it for the rear you could get away with 255)
9" width 255 or 265 (normally wheel this width is for rear setup).

so the thing about tires if you use the tires that is too wide for the rim , the side wall will bulging out and reduce you fender clearance..

now the spacer is a way to manipulate offset
so let say you want to use W220 S class wheel. Their offset is 44
which is to high for w202.
Then you buy 10mm offset with the wheel offset 44 combo the result is offset 34.. (which would fit to W202

Regardz,

J Irwan

J Irwan
06-10-2003, 10:54 AM
So this is what it comes down too..

18x8 and 18x9 will fitt. 18x8.8 and 18x8.9 will not fit?? So i need to find some 18x8 and 18x9 rims

I don't understand what you are tyring to say..

there is not such size as 18x8.8 and 18x8.9..???:rolleyes:

Also if you make mistake on your post, please edit it, instead of posting a new ones....

Regardz,

J Irwan

pnsji
06-10-2003, 10:57 AM
hauahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I just LMAO :D :D :D:D

dwang
06-10-2003, 11:02 AM
jnolte,
If you read my original post, you will see that I said 8.5" max UP FRONT. I really think rubbing is an issue on a case by case basis. Some people have had rubbing after installing 8.5" wide rims, others have no issues. But to be safe, 18 x 8 up front and 18 x 8.5 or 18 x 9 should work out just fine. Also realize that a 8.5" wide or 9" wide rim can accept different tire sizes. An 8.5 wide rim can accept widths anywhere from 225s up to 255s. Just another issue you will need to consider once you have your rims. :)

Dave

Rocky
06-10-2003, 11:10 AM
Kewl..thanks irwan..now..how about the theory that the same size tire are actually different for each tire company?

Like a Toyo will have larger sidewalls then a S03 of the same size like 225-45/17.

J Irwan
06-10-2003, 11:24 AM
rocky

so far the thickest sidewall I've seen is on the Bridgestone S02 then follow by S03 (this due to the design of the outer ring for rim protection ring from curb..)
That way when you accidently hit the curb the curb will meet the sidewall ring protection first instead of your rim..

I am not sure if Toyo has thickeer sidewall.

Last time I check toyo actually has smaller width ...meaning..

18x9 with regular tires I can fit 255/35/18 just perfect, not stretched and not to wide either, but toyo has to use 265/35/18 to get the same effect (I forgot which model)

so based on this, you could fit more rubber with the same rim width..

If you're looking for tires I would also check the sectional width (this is include the measurement with the thick sidewall such as S02 and S03) and another thing is track width..

track width can vary between tires and type pf tires

in generally maximum performance tires will have wider track week than any all season tires (hence greater contach patch area between the track vs road surface, which result in greater traction)

for example there used to be a comparison between various among of tires for the same size..
225/40/18.

S03 and S03 might have wider sectional width that P-Zero Yellow/Rosso/and Nero (due to its marvelous rim protection ring)
however the P-Zero track width is actually wider (the foot print is wider).

Hope this helps.

Regardz,

J Irwan

jnolte
06-10-2003, 12:03 PM
Sorry J and shutup Susanto. I have it all straight now this is the setup. 18x8fr offset 31 and 18x9 offset 35 back. With 235/40/18 front and 245/40/18 rear. will these fit with a lowered suspention???

Rocky
06-10-2003, 12:20 PM
Try this as a tire size guide Jnolte

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

225/40/18 front and 245/35/18 look close to perfect. (given stock size is 225/45/17 front and 245/40/17 back)

J Irwan
06-10-2003, 12:45 PM
I would

run 225/40/18 on 18x8 and 255/35/18 on 18x9 (this is the ideal setup)

The stock tires (C36, C43 and CLK55 )sizes are 225/45/17 and 245/40/17 with combo of 17x7.5 and 17x8.5

245/35/18 on 18x9 would looks more streched out compare to 225/40/18 on 18x8

Hence you be better off running 255/35/18 on 18x9, then you would have the same shape of side wall for front on rear (not too streched out or vice versa).

Take a look at the comparison below

(left: the sidewall shape straight when you're running 255/35/18 on 18x9 rim)
(right: the sidewall is streched out because the you're running 245/35/18 on 18x9 rim)

_____ _____
| | | |
| RIm | | RIm |
| | | |
|____ | |____ |
|____ | \____/

If I have to prefer I would try to maintain the same sidewall effect on both front and rear, and if I have to choose one streched and one straight I would do the streched looks on the front and the straight look on the rear..

Always put beefier tires on the rear, it will make the car stance more aggressive.

Regardz,

J Irwan

pnsji
06-10-2003, 12:55 PM
Sorry J and shutup Susanto.

WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM?
DO YOUR FUCKING HOMEWORK AND GO TO TIRERACK TO LEARN THE BASIC THINGS
AND YES, PLEASE TAKE A FUCKING PICTURE OF YOU AND YOUR CAR.

BECAUSE... I FUCKING HATE POSERS!

jnolte
06-10-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by pnsji
WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM?
DO YOUR FUCKING HOMEWORK AND GO TO TIRERACK TO LEARN THE BASIC THINGS
AND YES, PLEASE TAKE A FUCKING PICTURE OF YOU AND YOUR CAR.

BECAUSE... I FUCKING HATE POSERS!

WHOA!!! Too many F words Susanto!!! Thats not cool. i was just kidding around man i wasent seriouse at all. So what the FUCK is your problem???

(your also yelling)

pnsji
06-10-2003, 01:19 PM
WHOA!!! Too many F words Susanto!!! Thats not cool. i was just kidding around man i wasent seriouse at all. So what the FUCK is your problem???

(your also yelling)

I was yelling because I was tired of you.
so now that I am just chilling.... let me tell you
why don't you get a picture of your C36, and post it.
Thanks,

pnsji
06-10-2003, 01:20 PM
Ohhh one other things...
this is a classic saying

"No money, no talk"
so I will say to you
"No C36/pictures, no talk"

Thanks for your attention.

jnolte
06-10-2003, 01:30 PM
Ohhh one other things...
this is a classic saying

"No money, no talk"
so I will say to you
"No C36/pictures, no talk"

Thanks for your attention.

Why would i "pose' for so long?? Do you think i would write 170 or so posts with no car??? That would be a waste of life!!

pnsji
06-10-2003, 01:35 PM
Why would i "pose' for so long?? Do you think i would write 170 or so posts with no car??? That would be a waste of life!!

Maybe.......
Who knows...
so.. remember... no money no talk

Rocky
06-10-2003, 02:25 PM
I dunno wanna be on pnsji's bad side..some quick pics i took with my cell phone.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/108260/Image030.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/108260/Image031.jpg

I have the stock corner lamps in there cause i busted the driver side one and I had to order a new one from MB. It just came in today so i'll be putting the clear ones back on.

I'll also get a better camera and take proper pics when my new spoiler comes in.

***I hate how my car looks likein pictures, it looks like I have 14 inche rims in the rear.

pnsji
06-10-2003, 03:20 PM
Rocky, you are OG... so no worries.....

:D

Thanks for the pics tough :D
I like it :)

Denlasoul
06-10-2003, 07:39 PM
I would run 225/40/18 on 18x8 and 255/35/18 on 18x9 (this is the ideal setup)

Heh heh heh. Did my homework. :)

Rocky, you crack me up.

Pnsji, you remembered I got mine, right?

JRE320
06-10-2003, 08:33 PM
What type of Carlssons are u talking about here? If they are 1/5 Diamond finished grab them and I'll trade you 2 of my 18x8. ;)

jnolte
06-10-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by JRE320
What type of Carlssons are u talking about here? If they are 1/5 Diamond finished grab them and I'll trade you 2 of my 18x8. ;)

Okay, They dont come with tires though. I will check what finish they are.

Scotty-C190E
06-10-2003, 10:03 PM
Just buy the damn wheels and then do what you gots to do to make them fit right.
Werrrrrd?

http://www.scotty-c.com/car3.jpg

Scotty-C190E
06-10-2003, 10:13 PM
There are 18x9 Carlsson wheels on Ebay for 950 buy it now. There are 4 pairs. Is 18x9 too wide for all the way around?? I know you can put em on the back but the front will be like in the middle of the wheel!! I was talking to Henry47 and he said this is true they are too wide!!

For real though, you post so many things that you want to get for your car, but why don't you get any of them? I think some members get irritated because they spend so much time explaining things and then......nothing. No results and no appreciation. Not trying to start anything here, that's just what I'm observing. If I mail you my digital camera, will you take a pic of your car for all of us to see? You can e-mail the pic to me and I'll even host it for you on my site.

jnolte
06-10-2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Scotty-C190E
For real though, you post so many things that you want to get for your car, but why don't you get any of them? I think some members get irritated because they spend so much time explaining things and then......nothing. No results and no appreciation. Not trying to start anything here, that's just what I'm observing. If I mail you my digital camera, will you take a pic of your car for all of us to see? You can e-mail the pic to me and I'll even host it for you on my site.

DO NOT get me wrong!! I appreciate everbody on this site!!! Also i just bought a 7 inch DVD player today and a AMG Decal(I was trying out paypal with the Decal). I am now starting to modd shit out. I want to either get the Carlssons or AMGS. But i dont want to have to worry about fitment because i dont have the Scrilla for fender rolling and all that bullshit!! I was looking at digital cameras today on the web and i think i am going to get one. If not my uncle has hella of them he lives like an hour away though.

JRE if you want to do this Rim thing tell me. Its still pending on my side but i am pretty sure i can muster up enough money for it.

pnsji
06-10-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Denlasoul
Pnsji, you remembered I got mine, right?

yeah...
everybody... except jnolte.

JRE320
06-10-2003, 11:54 PM
DO NOT get me wrong!! I appreciate everbody on this site!!! Also i just bought a 7 inch DVD player today and a AMG Decal(I was trying out paypal with the Decal). I am now starting to modd shit out. I want to either get the Carlssons or AMGS. But i dont want to have to worry about fitment because i dont have the Scrilla for fender rolling and all that bullshit!! I was looking at digital cameras today on the web and i think i am going to get one. If not my uncle has hella of them he lives like an hour away though.

JRE if you want to do this Rim thing tell me. Its still pending on my side but i am pretty sure i can muster up enough money for it.

I just saw what you talking about here. I say BUY IT NOW!!!!! for $949!!! Then we can trade. You get 2 of my 18x8 for your front and I'll get 2 of your 18x9. Email me and we'll talk about it.

dwang
06-11-2003, 03:32 AM
Maybe.......
Who knows...
so.. remember... no money no talk

I do not want to be on Susanto's bad side as well... So here is a pic of my car at the first ever BENZSPORT.COM NE GTG.

dwang
06-11-2003, 03:38 AM
Opps, forgot the pic... Hogging up bandwidth now.

J Irwan
06-11-2003, 07:59 AM

Dude let me give you a piece of advise....

You always talk want to mod this and that , and want to buy this and that....

modding a car is passion...and for it you got to put efforts...will that be time , money and sweat (if you are a DIY like my self).

now for a set of carlsson (set of 4) for $949 is a good deal, why you so worry about the tires..
even the wheels alone with that a price already a steal..

just buy the goddamn wheels....

also please please if you have 10 mods in mind,and at the time you only got resources available (i.e money, time, etc)on 1 or 2 of them , then post question only on these 1 or 2 item..
forget the rest

ask the rest when you're ready to do it.. (it wouldn't hurt to more reasearch prior to ask these questions especially if the topic is general and widely known)

don't ask a 100 questions now, and you while you ready to do only one of them next month.
By the time you ready with the next one you will ask again.,..

Keep in mind we are here to share information not to just one person.

I'd be bored as hell to see the same question being repeateadly asked.....

PS:This is just piece of advise and as far as you and pnsji, I would post the pic of your car ASAP...
Remember being cautious with money I can respect that, but being cheap as and low balling that's another story..

What had happened , is happen. Make sure you don't this to other member :)

Regardz,

J Irwan

jnolte
06-11-2003, 09:14 AM
Yeah i get it.... We need to get more people talking on this site... ITs only like 9 people. But this club is LOADED with valuable benz information.

Scotty-C190E
06-11-2003, 09:14 AM
:werd: Words of wisdom above!

Rocky
06-11-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by J Irwan
Dude let me give you a piece of advise....

You always talk want to mod this and that , and want to buy this and that....

modding a car is passion...and for it you got to put efforts...will that be time , money and sweat (if you are a DIY like my self).

now for a set of carlsson (set of 4) for $949 is a good deal, why you so worry about the tires..
even the wheels alone with that a price already a steal..

just buy the goddamn wheels....

also please please if you have 10 mods in mind,and at the time you only got resources available (i.e money, time, etc)on 1 or 2 of them , then post question only on these 1 or 2 item..
forget the rest

ask the rest when you're ready to do it.. (it wouldn't hurt to more reasearch prior to ask these questions especially if the topic is general and widely known)

don't ask a 100 questions now, and you while you ready to do only one of them next month.
By the time you ready with the next one you will ask again.,..

Keep in mind we are here to share information not to just one person.

I'd be bored as hell to see the same question being repeateadly asked.....

PS:This is just piece of advise and as far as you and pnsji, I would post the pic of your car ASAP...
Remember being cautious with money I can respect that, but being cheap as and low balling that's another story..

What had happened , is happen. Make sure you don't this to other member :)

Regardz,

J Irwan

Don't forget 'SEARCH' is your best friend :D :D :D

dwang
06-11-2003, 09:50 AM
Yeah i get it.... We need to get more people talking on this site... ITs only like 9 people. But this club is LOADED with valuable benz information.

We're all OG on this site, so we've pretty much seen it all. But we're all here to help others when they need it.

Dave

Rocky
06-11-2003, 09:51 AM
What's OG?

pnsji
06-11-2003, 10:02 AM
What's OG?

Original Gangster!

Scotty-C190E
06-11-2003, 10:04 AM
What's OG?

LMAO! (Laugh My Ass Off) :p OG means Original Gangsta, used to describe somone as oldschool, or in this case, been around forever.

jnolte
06-11-2003, 10:05 AM
What's OG?

OG= ORIGINAL GANGSTA

Rocky
06-11-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Scotty-C190E
LMAO! (Laugh My Ass Off) :p OG means Original Gangsta, used to describe somone as oldschool, or in this case, been around forever.

Hahah I Love you guys.

I'm from Canada so don't laugh at me hahahahahaha

jnolte
06-11-2003, 10:13 AM
Hahah I Love you guys.

I'm from Canada so don't laugh at me hahahahahaha

WHere in CAnada?? do you guys really say EH??:D

Rocky
06-11-2003, 11:16 AM
I live in an igloo and i have an ice rink in my backyard.

Everyday after work I have to go hunt for seals and beavers in order to make dinner.

Yes we say 'eh' but i say 'aiya' more.

T dot O dot

jnolte
06-11-2003, 11:32 AM
I live in an igloo and i have an ice rink in my backyard.

Everyday after work I have to go hunt for seals and beavers in order to make dinner.

Yes we say 'eh' but i say 'aiya' more.

T dot O dot

HAHAHAH. WHere in canada do you live???

Renn 208
06-11-2003, 12:35 PM
HAHAHAH. WHere in canada do you live???

T dot O dot = Toronto

jnolte
06-11-2003, 02:12 PM
I just saw what you talking about here. I say BUY IT NOW!!!!! for $949!!! Then we can trade. You get 2 of my 18x8 for your front and I'll get 2 of your 18x9. Email me and we'll talk about it.

Hey Jre

i talked to him and he says he can send them to 2 diffrent places sooooooo. If you want to do this trade email me your address and phone number..

jnolte
06-11-2003, 04:46 PM
HEY JRE U WANNA DO THE TRADE OR NOT??? I have been trying to contact you all day i dont know if ur busy or what but tell me what you think.

I can either get him to send them to my house and your house then you send me my rims or i can get all 4 sent to my house and you send your rims to me and i send your 2 to you?? Its your choice!!

kodiak
06-11-2003, 05:10 PM
This thread has kinda gotten off track, but I figured I would throw my experiences in the ring for posterity.

My 1995 C36 is lowered with H&Rs and has Blistein sport shocks. I run #2 pads up front and #3 in the rear

Original setup:
17x7.5 225/45/17
17x8.5 245/40/17 AMG Mono's (stock wheels etc)

No rubbing, no issues - as MB intended

Next wheels
225/40/18 & 245/40/18 Nitto 555 on 8.5x18 Brabus Mono IVs

The tires don't rub, unless the car is loaded and turning tight corners or on large bumps. The rears are perfect- nice ride, good wear etc. The fronts were a different story. The 225 is too narrow for a 8.5 rim. This stretched the tire and cause a number of issues:
1) Rounded side wall - looks like crap
2) weakens the tire at the point of contact with the road. This led to tread separation after 20k miles
3) Incresed wear on the inner edge of the tire

Next tires:
235/40/18 Yoko AVS DB2, same nittos on the rear

The tires looks much better. 235 is about as narrow as you can go on an 8.5 rim. But the fact that the width is correct and the tire is not stretched means that the tire is taller. Thus the car does rub on when the wheels are locked and you are turning.

What have we learned from this: 8 is the widest 18" rim you want on the front and 225 tires will fit it perfectly.

Not to start a flame war, but here is my 2 cents on the situation. 18's look great, but 17" rims are lighter, ride better, cost less and the tires are cheaper and last longer. To be honest most of us need to get over the vanity of running 18's and just head back to 17's it is what our cars were designed to run and what they run best on. If you show your car, the ignore me, 'cause you ain't gonna win shit on 17's. But if you drive you car, roll with 17's.

~dnm

Edit: thank god I don't get paid to spell....

JRE320
06-11-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by kodiak
This thread has kinda gotten off track, but I figured I would throw my experiences in the ring for posterity.

My 1995 C36 is lowered with H&Rs and has Blistein sport shocks. I run #2 pads up front and #3 in the rear

Original setup:
17x7.5 225/45/17
17x8.5 245/40/17 AMG Mono's (stock wheels etc)

No rubbing, no issues - as MB intended

Next wheels
225/40/18 & 245/40/18 Nitto 555 on 8.5x18 Brabus Mono IVs

The tires don't rub, unless the car is loaded and turning tight corners or on large bumps. The rears are perfect- nice ride, good wear etc. The fronts were a different story. The 225 is too narrow for a 8.5 rim. This stretched the tire and cause a number of issues:
1) Rounded side wall - looks like crap
2) weakens the tire at the point of contact with the road. This lead to tread sepperation after 20k miles
3) Incresed wear on the inner edge of the tire

Next tires:
235/40/18 Yoko AVS DB2, same nittos on the rear

The tires looks much better. 235 is about as narrow as you can go on an 8.5 rim. But the fact that the width is correct and the tire is not stretched means that the tire is taller. Thus the car does rub on when the wheels are locked and you are turning.

What have we learned from this: 8 is the widest 18" rim you want on the front and 225 tires will fit it perfectly.

Not to start a flame war, but here is my 2 cents on the situation. 18's look great, but 17" rims are lighter, ride better, cost less and the tires are cheaper and last longer. To be honest most of us need to get over the vanity of running 18's and just head back to 17's it is what our cars were designed to run and what they run best on. If you show your car, the ignore me, 'cause you ain't gonna win shit on 17's. But if you drive you car, roll with 17's.

~dnm

Well said and I totally agreed. ;) :)

JRE320
06-11-2003, 07:20 PM
HEY JRE U WANNA DO THE TRADE OR NOT??? I have been trying to contact you all day i dont know if ur busy or what but tell me what you think.

I can either get him to send them to my house and your house then you send me my rims or i can get all 4 sent to my house and you send your rims to me and i send your 2 to you?? Its your choice!!

Calm down and don't get too excited. You got MAIL!!!!!!

jnolte
06-11-2003, 07:25 PM
Calm down and don't get too excited. You got MAIL!!!!!!

Yeah yeah i got it:cool:

J Irwan
06-11-2003, 08:04 PM
in my opinion 17" is too small for W202 especially in todays trend

I'd consider 17" only for winter mode and track usage..

I think 18" is the best choice for everyday use, since It would probably the best combination for looks and performance

Sure 17" would have more comfortable ride, there is no doubt...

but what I like to have is to make my car looks as aggressive and elegance at the same time..

I am the type of person who never satisfied with stock :p
that's just me

Look at this for comparison

18" AMG Monoblok II

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=362144

vs

17" AMG SLK

jnolte
06-11-2003, 08:13 PM
Yeah 18s look good. The 17s look goofy