PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to get my cell phone integrated?

Gorister
10-12-2004, 07:16 AM
Hey guys...New to this Forum and Mercedes. I recently traded in my 528i for a 99 C230. I just purchased a Mercedes Startac phone and I am curious as to what exactly I need to get it working. My service will be through verizon. Is it simply a matter of getting a cord for it and attaching it to the phone plug in the center console? Thanks for any help.

Renn 208
10-12-2004, 11:04 AM
Getting the phone integrated would actually be a pretty involved process. You would need the phone control module, cradle, as well as some wiring to make it all work out. Depending on the level of trim on your car, this can be an easy or, less than easy task.

You actually have more "factory" options than the mercedes branded telephones, and if you're interested, your best bet would be to contact member MbenzNL via e-mail to ask about what systems are available. It's worth the research, as there are a number of phones that integrate seamlessly with the car.

Gorister
10-12-2004, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the help. Do you know what models are easiest to hook up?

SLAMMED_C
10-12-2004, 07:28 PM
for the phone hook up.. you will need a linear compensator, phone PSE, cradle, some wiring and fiber optics. you already have the right phone.. kinda old school!! but the right one anyway.
how its done, I dont know.. Ive never installed a phone in a benz yet.

Denlasoul
10-12-2004, 08:16 PM
I've seen a few articles regarding phone installs over at benzworld.org