PDA

View Full Version : ok 2 probalems. pliz assist

dj4eign
10-12-2004, 01:06 PM
ok so im driving today an the light goes on with this symbol (o) or summthn like that. on the lower left corner. dont know what it means. it wen a way after like 5 mins. then about an hour later, im coming up to a stop sign n as i was slowing down, there was sudden pop or snap-ish kind of noise. the barke pedals went down almost to the floor n the FRONT BREAKS BEGIN TO GRIND, more on the drivers side, any ideas what may have happened. the back breaks r still holding on strong but i can tell the fronts r done. why so suddenly? help me out with your ideas thanx

KenzBenz
10-12-2004, 01:12 PM
that light should be the brake pad sensor...your pads are gone if you hear grinding. you might have messed up the brake discs.

adelaros
10-12-2004, 03:07 PM
Agree!!!

JDoggery
10-12-2004, 03:31 PM
yes, but you should have seen the light flicker as you started to touch the sensor before this sudden noise.

dj4eign
10-12-2004, 05:12 PM
nope neva did see that. but thanx 4 the help guess ill b in the shop tommorrow. can alsways count on my 202 family ;)

H3MAN
10-13-2004, 01:41 AM
watever u do in the meantime before u get there dont go drivning and braking unless really necessary as just pads replacing aint too bad but having to replace disks aswell thats a b**ch
so take it slowly and u might get away with just pads

hope it helps

Kind Regards

H3MAN

Rocky
10-13-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by JDoggery
yes, but you should have seen the light flicker as you started to touch the sensor before this sudden noise.

unless the pads wore unevenly which happened to me. the sensor is only on one pad. if the other pad without the sensorwears down faster, then you won't get a light.