PDA

View Full Version : understear and overstear

Andrew C280
10-14-2004, 11:57 AM
ok i when to the parking lot a school the other day to practice a littel for autocross or solo 2 raceing i feel that my car has to much , now i am not shure what its called but when i turn my stearing wheel i just get tire squealing but the car dosent move that way i think its called understear and they come from the factory like that, if i ask my dealer to tune the car so it has less understear will they ?

KWiK
10-14-2004, 03:35 PM
maybe you were just trying to take the corner too fast...

Andrew C280
10-14-2004, 04:17 PM
nope there's a way to adjust so that it will turn better it comes from the factory for the average driver but i am not the average driver

nokia8860
10-14-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Andrew C280
nope there's a way to adjust so that it will turn better it comes from the factory for the average driver but i am not the average driver

camber.

Linh
10-14-2004, 09:03 PM
when i turn my stearing wheel i just get tire squealing but the car dosent move that way i think its called understear and they come from the factory like that

Yes, that's exactly what is called. Most cars are designed to understeer because it alot safer understeer then oversteer. Underteer, most of the time you can save it just by let off the gas. Oversteer, you can just lose it instantly (the rear end come around on you) but if you an expert driver (race driver), they know how to use the power to drift around the corner. To correct your problem, adjust to more negative cambers.

Renn 208
10-15-2004, 09:11 PM
You need a customized speedybenz suspension setup.

Linh
10-15-2004, 09:46 PM
You need a customized speedybenz suspension setup.

Yes, his camber kit is the best i seen and very reasonable priced.

Tump43
10-16-2004, 06:57 AM
I second that -- most members who lowered their car got his adj. rear camber arm set.