PDA

View Full Version : car died

KenzBenz
10-14-2004, 11:36 PM
so my cars been dead for 2 days now...i have no idea whats wrong wiht it. a week ago i got a brand new battery because the old one died...so i was like cool..but then 2 days ago the car just decided not to start up anymore..power is like completely dead. No lights will turn on, the locks barely work. first i thought it was the alternator but i heard like if it was then the car would slowly run outta power like lights would be dim etc. so what could it be? maybe a main fuse? which i cant find , only places where there are fuses is 2 places inside the hood and another box in the trunk..what am i missing? thanks

pnsji
10-15-2004, 12:10 AM
Can you try to jump start the car?
Also, make sure the battery connection is good.

sugrdaddey
10-15-2004, 08:36 AM
i actually had the same problem before also. the car wouldnt start so i got a new battery. everything was connected and about two days later the same thing happened. but i noticed that the multifunction switch was getting hot when i used my wiper, so i had that checked out and after a new multifuction switch and wiper motor, there dont seem to be anymore problems. oh, other then my damn check engine light being on. i had that checked out, and it was supposedly the o2 sensor. so i had a new one put in and the light came on again about a week later. so i had it checked out again and and AGAIN it was the o2 sensor that came up. what is the deal with that?

marksbenz
10-15-2004, 08:55 AM
its probably your alternator.

sugrdaddey
10-15-2004, 09:06 AM
oh also with mine i had the alternator replaced and all that good stuff just kept on comin.

98_Benzo
10-15-2004, 12:07 PM
I would go with what PNSJI said and try jumping the car. If you can jump it, but it just dies again then it's your alternator. My "uneducated" guess is that, your alternator went out, which caused the battery to power everything on it's own when the car was running. As we all know, the battery can not do that for to long, it needs help. I can't remember where the alternator is located on those, but if it's easy to remove, take it out and take it to a local parts store, they can test them there for you. Good luck!!

JDoggery
10-15-2004, 02:07 PM
time for a new car Ken, say a C55

KenzBenz
10-15-2004, 04:11 PM
C55...haha maybe in 10 yrs..but problem solved today....kragen sold me a crappy battery. thats is all. lol thanks for all the responses =)

KenzBenz
10-24-2004, 01:06 PM
update: car died again!...so....what does it mean when your battery keeps dying? i tried starting the car...then unplugging the battery...it still runs fine, the lights dont dim, car doesnt die, doesnt that mean the alternator is fine?

bikeman311
12-27-2004, 09:14 AM
kenz-

did you ever figure out what was wrong???

KenzBenz
12-27-2004, 12:32 PM
well for me, it was stupid, i removed the trunk lining basically so the light in the trunk never turned off, so it slowly drained my battery.

FreeStyler
12-27-2004, 12:53 PM
LMAO! Sorry.................Great to hear your cars okay..........LMAO:laugh:

KenzBenz
12-27-2004, 02:06 PM
lol yea glad its ok, but i did kill 3 brand new batteries though , luckily they were under warranty