PDA

View Full Version : speakers

nfs_tgb
10-16-2004, 01:54 PM
hi i going to replace my speakers as they are knacked and wonderd if anyone knows the size for the front ones in the doors and the 2 on the shelf at back. ive also noticed some have speakers in the rear door havent noticed any in mine or though i dont sit in the back. also is there any secret to removeing the front door pannels and the back speaker covers it looks like its not going to be as simple as some cars thanks for any help tom

neema12
10-16-2004, 07:32 PM
Front can fit up to 6.5" and rear doors are 5.25" max. I wouldent put any speakers for rear fill, or the back dash.

martattack
10-16-2004, 10:16 PM
Front can fit up to 6.5" and rear doors are 5.25" max. I wouldent put any speakers for rear fill, or the back dash.

In my opinion, speakers in the rear door add some ambience in the rear, plus i don't get as many complaints from rear passengers. However I would not advise putting speakers in the rear deck. It can really throw off the imaging.

nfs_tgb
10-17-2004, 03:57 AM
thing is i havent got the bit in the rear doors for speakers its all just like a door the area where its surposed to be just continues with the interior trim. in the back shelf i see its possible to put 2 6 or 5s in at the moment its got 1 in either side but theres a annoying bit that devides them so i cant put 2 6x9s in unless i cut it.
the speakers are terible at high volume bear in mind the music is rnb dance hip hop and trance mainly not country or classical was also thinking of a sub but cant thing where the hell id put it unless i just put it in boot in a box and secured it some how so it would be possible to hear from inside as i can here the back speakers from boot.

thanks for the info but any advice on that

ricerokets4life
10-17-2004, 07:17 AM
i put in a 10" sub in the trunk (sealed box, facing towards the trunk door) and took out the stock bose rear deck speakers (one of them was blown anyway). i ran the sub without rear deck speakers for a while so i could port the bass into the car but it sounded really weird.. there would be really high notes from the stock speakers and low notes from the sub but nothing in the middle range. i put a set of 6x9s on the rear deck and now it sounds nice all around.

nfs_tgb
10-17-2004, 07:22 AM
sounds similar to my plan accept theres a bit of plastic or metal in the way on the shlf to put 6x9s in did u put the cover back on or leave it off ? is more or less what i was gonna do until i see the divison.

ricerokets4life
10-17-2004, 01:24 PM
my speaker covers still fit on fine for a nice OEM look to the system.

i had to dremel out the stock rear deck speaker holes to accomodate the 6x9s. once you get them in, getting the cover on shouldnt be a problem.