PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Wipers

skullleader
10-18-2004, 06:42 AM
How do you know when the headlight wipers are working? Got a little rain here and when I got out of the car to check them, they were not working, moving, or whatever. The manual said as long as the wiper is on, that they should work?

pokerface
10-18-2004, 07:13 AM
I might be completely wrong,

but it is supposed to work when the wipers are moving THEN you press the mist/wash function. it will work then.

Surf Blau
10-18-2004, 07:32 AM
Both lights and wipers will have to be engaged, then you have to squirt washerfluid to activate them..

kameraguy
10-18-2004, 09:05 AM
From my understanding in order to get the front headlight washers to work, you press in the windshield-wiper mist function and the headlight wipers will also mist and wipe a few times as well. From what i see on my car, they only actuate for a foew times after the initial depress of the misting function. After that they do not operate regularly if you keep your regular windshield wipers on (i.e. your wipers may be on regular or intermittint sweeps, but the headlight wipers do not operate with the same frequency as your normal wipers. They only work for a few sweeps ONLY if you press for the wiper fluid. The headlight wipers will discharge wiper fluid in unison with your windshield nozzles and they will sweep your headlamps for a few times and stop from that point on until you repeat the process. They will not operate if you merely switch on your wipers).

At least for my car, I thought this true even with the headlights off. But i'll have to double-check that later. I did not know they had to be on for the wipers to work.

SLAMMED_C
10-18-2004, 06:37 PM
In order to get the headlamp wipers to work.. you must have the fog lights on.. so turn your headlight switch to the second position and pull out.. now squirt washer fluid and the headlight wipers will work..

by the way... you want to sell your headlight wipers???!!! I want a set!

jnolte
10-18-2004, 09:41 PM
i disconnected mine. I took out the fuse for it because they dont work if you have eyelids,s they will just hit them.

pokerface
10-19-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by SLAMMED_C
In order to get the headlamp wipers to work.. you must have the fog lights on.. so turn your headlight switch to the second position and pull out.. now squirt washer fluid and the headlight wipers will work..

by the way... you want to sell your headlight wipers???!!! I want a set!

haha

you should have told him that his wipers are broken... and that you'll buy them for show purposes.

SLAMMED_C
10-19-2004, 06:25 PM
hey jnolte.. if they just sit there unused.. why not just remove them from your car??.. Ill even take them off your hands for you if you like???!!
come on...

jnolte
10-20-2004, 12:36 AM
hey jnolte.. if they just sit there unused.. why not just remove them from your car??.. Ill even take them off your hands for you if you like???!!
come on...

perhaps we can work something out a trade or cash, email me mang

Espresso
06-10-2006, 09:02 AM

I have never had my fog lights on( never even knew about them until this thread). But my wipers work....kinda.
I always wondered what the lights unde rthe headlights were for. I assume those are the fogs?