PDA

View Full Version : What AMG replicas look most like the original??

FreeStyler
10-23-2004, 03:50 PM
I want to buy 18 inch monoblock replicas, I think I will go with bekkers but I would like to ask for some suggestions on which replicas look the best color shade and lip size and stuff like that. Thank you for the help guys.:cool:

J Irwan
10-23-2004, 04:40 PM
Best replica out there is

from Bekker. I think they made by "intra" company. (at lleast that's the label. It could be made by some other known wheel maker, but I am not sure who).

The bekker replica: monoblok 17 and 18 has the same exact spoke shape and all. However the color is a little bit brighter than the genuine AMG. You'll be able able to tell the color when they're side by side.

Other than that it looks just like the genuine AMG, except no "AMG" embossed on the spoke.

Regardz,

FreeStyler
10-23-2004, 06:29 PM
Yeah thats awesome because I've seen some replicas on people's cars and it looks like the spokes are too thin or they are a weird shape.

Looks like bekkers is the way to go. AWESOME! Thank you!

Denlasoul
10-24-2004, 05:35 AM
You might be better off buying a used set of AMG's. I dont remember how much Bekker rep's are, but I've seen others and they are pricey.

Check on ebay. Ive seen alot of sets go for a decent price.

FreeStyler
10-24-2004, 09:50 AM
Bekkers are $198.00 per rim. So about 800 for the set plus all the extra charges. If i stumble over a used set of real amgs I will definitely get them, but its hard to find a used set these days.

Denlasoul
10-24-2004, 04:19 PM
Thats a pretty good price. If you really want Monoblocks, then I would hold out till you found a good used set. If it's a money issue then the best bet would be to buy the replicas. $200/wheel is hard to beat.

FreeStyler
10-24-2004, 04:23 PM
Well, I dont want to pay a huge amount for rims but I am willing to buy real AMGs. I guess I will wait at least until December.

hvmercy
10-24-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by FreeStyler
Well, I dont want to pay a huge amount for rims but I am willing to buy real AMGs. I guess I will wait at least until December.

If you have the money now then I suggest that you get this (http://www.craigslist.org/pen/car/46604682.html)

Don't get the replica, buy the real thing.

Or, like I've said before, sell one of the cars in your garage
and you'll be able to buy any accessories you want for your
w202. :D ( are those even yours?)

FreeStyler
10-24-2004, 09:09 PM
I only want 18's, 17's feel too small.

The Clk is mine, S is parents and I live with my parents. Orignially the clk was for my mom, but she started to like the S and let me take over the payments for the clk. It may sound stupid but I will be selling the CLK instead of my C because I am unable to pay the freakin payments anymore. I will be saving up for a new car and drivin my c for now. The CLK only has 28000 miles on it while my C has 81000!