PDA

View Full Version : Oh F***!

FreeStyler
10-25-2004, 08:34 PM
OK i was changing the little illumination bulb thats in the trunk. After I closed the trunk, I went inside my car and realised that the little trunk release button had the little red light on. That means the trunk is open. I look back and the trunk is closed. Now I cant get the trunk open.:confused: At the same time my car no longer blinks all the turning signals when i hit the lock button on the remote. Now the car just locks without the tailight and front signals blinking. And now I just realised my rear illumination bulb for the back seat no longer works. Is this all because of one problem, because all of these things happened after I closed the trunk today!?! OMG WTF:dpress: Im going to kill myself.

CKlasse
10-25-2004, 08:39 PM
Check the fuses?:rolleyes:

FreeStyler
10-25-2004, 08:46 PM
Some of the fuses are in the trunk! HOLY SHizNIT

jaysonvaldez
10-25-2004, 11:03 PM
That problem happened to me when I added more parts to my system. I was pissed off. I think a wire was grounding out or something.. All my fuses were good in the engine and trunk. What I did was I had to rewire my whole entire system again. I didn't ground any system wires to the grounds of the car... The grounds of the car I think are brown wires. I had ground wires of my system grounded to them. After 2 long days Putting everything back in. I tried it again my alarm and everything worked ... I was happy

FreeStyler
10-26-2004, 05:18 AM
Interesting...........I'm going to try the fuses this morning, then I dont know exactly what to do. I think the battery on my car remote is going out........:(

Pagz
10-26-2004, 07:17 PM
also...if you ever remove the plastic lining around the latch on the boot...dont shut the boot and forget about it:).....light stays on and also you cant open the boot from the switch with red light...
you need to use the key:)just for everyones info.

regards,
Paul

bikeman311
12-27-2004, 09:29 AM
freestyler-

did you ever get it figured out?? i'm having close to the same problems (lights dont blink when locking, and red led always on).

FreeStyler
12-27-2004, 09:41 AM
It was a a combination of two blown fuses located in the trunk, the reason why I had such difficulty with this is because the fuses also controlled the opening of the trunk, therefore I couldnt get to the fuses in the trunk. One day I pressed the open trunk key on my remote like 1 million times, and a miracle happened....MY TRUNK OPENED! I jumped right into changing the fuses in the trunk. The end.