PDA

View Full Version : Control arm

faki00
10-26-2004, 05:52 AM
What up to everyone... My firts post.

I got in accident and messed up the undercarriage of the car. tie rod e.t.c were all changed excpet for the control arm. The shop said that was fine. I notice that when i accelerate or i hit minor bumps theres a severe drag and the steering isn't as tight as it shoul be. I hoisted up the car and everything looks fine(even the control arm which i though was the cause). My question is has anyone else experienced this? any insight would be greatly appreciated.Thanks.

H3MAN
10-26-2004, 06:54 AM
hey man wats happening,
listen i really am not aware of that problem, but i guess it could prob be the steerin rod, coz on my sprinter i had so much lee way like gap in the steer and it was that so it could be worth just gtetting it checked, but otherwise i dont know,

main reason i mailed was u said u got vaults on ur car vault alloys rite man listen i wanna c a pic of a c class with chrome vaults on there cos im ordering a set, if u can man pls just post us one pic so i can c wat it looks like cos i wanna c this, im sure itll look good but just for reassurance, thanks if u can man

kind regards

H3MAN

faki00
10-26-2004, 07:15 AM
I'll post a pic of the rims later on 2nite.

69chevelle
10-26-2004, 10:21 AM
Yeah...I got into an accident too and messed up the control arm. It would be a safer bet if you just replaced everything. I let the dealer replace all the parts and realign the car. Damn near costed $1,800 Got 3 estimates and the dealer was the cheapest. Can you believe that!!!

faki00
10-26-2004, 03:53 PM
H3MAN: for some reason i'm not able to post the pictures. If u want i can email them 2 u.

69chevelle: I've already changed the tie rod, rims, oil pan, torque arm and long list of other stuff. I just paid 4 grand out of pocket. At this stage i can't send the car back into the shop for more repairs coz the money is getting

H3MAN
10-27-2004, 03:55 AM
if u can man send me a pic to heman001@hotmail.com
thanks man

kind regards

H3MAN

(im thinkin of a set in 18's) what u rekon then i can move them onto my next car hopefully....

Rocky
10-27-2004, 06:25 AM
Did you try the steering dampner?

69chevelle
10-27-2004, 10:32 AM
69chevelle: I've already changed the tie rod, rims, oil pan, torque arm and long list of other stuff. I just paid 4 grand out of pocket. At this stage i can't send the car back into the shop for more repairs coz the money is getting [/B][/QUOTE]

Wow! And I thought I paid too much for my repairs.... :eek:

H3MAN
10-28-2004, 04:04 AM
sos faki these were not the vaults that i had in mind ill show u a pic of them iv only seen them on the latest audi A4 and they look wicked if i get a pic ill show u, thanks anyway man, the car and rims look nice

kind regards

H3MAN