PDA

View Full Version : NOS octane booster

IamJanuar
10-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Anybody uses these stuffs before?
http://www.autobarn.net/xx12002.html
http://www.autobarn.net/xx12010.html
Any harm to the engine? or possibilities of harm...

Gorister
10-26-2004, 05:36 PM
My first car was a Maxima. I used this stuff on a couple of tanks of gas (mixed as directed...one can per tank). During the same time...O2 sensor went bad. Could just be a coincidence.

Pagz
10-26-2004, 07:10 PM
yea iv used this exact stuff before....it fry'd my spark plugs on my
DC2R integra.,maybe i put too much per litre of gas....

and iv been told it can damage some oxygen sensers

Iv also been told just to use it for special events.....track,drag.

regards,
Paul

marksbenz
10-27-2004, 06:47 AM
just use Redline fuel injector cleaner. i think it works better.

SpEeDy230
10-27-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by marksbenz

I agree I use the same stuff and it works great.

IamJanuar
10-27-2004, 02:11 PM
You dump this thing into your fuel tank?

misterblack
10-27-2004, 10:39 PM
Just run the highest octane fuel you can buy at the pump in your Benz.

If you run high grade fuel (you should be)...you don't need to use any boosters or cleaners.

IamJanuar
10-27-2004, 10:43 PM
Well it's a maintenance thing... you gotta do it every now and then. Mine ran for 60K... Been to a lot of maintenance but not this one. So why not... You never know what builds up after 5 years..

Pagz
10-28-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by misterblack
Just run the highest octane fuel you can buy at the pump in your Benz.

If you run high grade fuel (you should be)...you don't need to use any boosters or cleaners.

98 for life!!!....or 100 if you cruise japan;)

fastmayte
10-30-2004, 06:57 AM
i used the "leading edge" fuel injector cleaner from autozone/oriely. it's exp ($8) comparing to others.

but in my experiance, my car runs alotttt better than when i bought it. i also replaced my spark plugs with platinum 4+'s. my O2 did blow out like 10k miles later but i think that might be cuz of something else.

IamJanuar
12-03-2004, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by marksbenz

Just finish my fuel tank with the redline cleaner and refueled. Engine sounds better. Transmission much smoother!
Thanks for the recommendation.

jnenad16
12-04-2004, 02:00 AM
do not use any of those octane boosters. i burned my piston rings with that crap, not to mention my O2 sensors and melted my catalytic. it may say on the bottle that its safe to use with every tank, but in reality it kills your engine. you should use a fuel systen cleaner every 10000 miles and this is a great way to keep your fuel system performing at its peak. but if you want some extra performance out of you engine through fuel additives, try some of those upper cylinder lubricants, my brand of choice is marver mystery oil, you can use it in your fuel and engine oil, also bardahl top oil is not bad either.

nenad