PDA

View Full Version : My M5/M3 style lip spoiler came in

Rocky
06-11-2003, 05:50 PM
Woo hoo, 3 days shipped from the US. Man..I test fitted it on my car....it loooks so good.

Of course i'll have to paint it and no pics till it's painted. :D

Denlasoul
06-11-2003, 05:52 PM
Damn it Rocky!!! You know a thread like this one is useless without pics!! Get your ass in the garage an install that baby!

;) DLS

JRE320
06-11-2003, 07:10 PM
PICS! PICS! PICS! We demand you post some pics even if it's not painted yet. Get the camera rolling..... :devious: :bored: :confused: :o ;) :D

nokia8860
06-11-2003, 07:55 PM
Fine tell us but no pics :mad:

It isnt this is it?

http://www.sabersport.com/Merchant2/images/mspoiler/m-spoiler01.jpg

If it is then coolness!!!! Cuz ive been thinking about this one for a bit but cuz i have a model updated lid not sure if it would fit.

edit: oh wait you might be talking front lip not lip as in rear wing.

Brabus
06-11-2003, 11:03 PM
that's gonna look pretty freakin nice :)

J Irwan
06-12-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by nokia8860
Fine tell us but no pics :mad:

It isnt this is it?

http://www.sabersport.com/Merchant2/images/mspoiler/m-spoiler01.jpg

If it is then coolness!!!! Cuz ive been thinking about this one for a bit but cuz i have a model updated lid not sure if it would fit.

edit: oh wait you might be talking front lip not lip as in rear wing.

Yeah man..nice..
I too have been thinking about for a while now..

and decided to get it when it times to repaint my front bumper, that way I could get cheaper cost for painting the rear spoiler..
who knows it'll probably even be free since it doesn't have a lot of surface to paint... :p

I can wait to see it on your C36 rocky.

I 've seen this rear deck lip spoiler on couples Audi A4s and S4s (B5 chassis) and they look gorgeous.. :)

Regardz,

J Irwan

Rocky
06-12-2003, 04:07 AM
Thanks guys. I'm skipping work this morning to drop it off at the shop I use to work at. Hopefully i'll get the rear lip spoiler back by saturday :)

If you plan to get it..get it quick cause I don;t think there are that many floating around...even on ebay...i saw a few one day and the next they were gone, proably buy it now.

What can you lose? $50??

Rocky
06-12-2003, 06:41 AM
Dropped the spoiler at the shop today, picked up my driver side OEM clear corner. Early next week it should be done. Cost, $30 CDN or roughly $21 USD to paint :)

JRE320
06-12-2003, 09:40 AM
What a fucking deal you got!!!!! Can I send my car to your shop and have it painted for $100!!!!. I'll be a little more generous I'll make it $200. how's that sound..... :eek: :p :D ;) :)

J Irwan
06-12-2003, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Rocky
Dropped the spoiler at the shop today, picked up my driver side OEM clear corner. Early next week it should be done. Cost, $30 CDN or roughly $21 USD to paint :)

wtf

that's freaking cheap..

I alwyas expect the painting cost would be around $80

Anyway that's a great deal.. this lip-spoiler is primed and ready to paint I take it...

Regardz,

J Irwan

Rocky
06-12-2003, 09:53 AM
It's made out of polyurathane....i think you can just paint it without any extra work. It's semi flexible so it can countour to the roundness of the trunk lid.

Maybe it's cheap cause I use to work there? :)

I basically do most of my repairs/services myself at the shop..I get to use all the tools and hoists and any equipment needed as well as have access ot the body shop for certain things.

CKlasse
06-12-2003, 02:58 PM
I've been wanting to see that lips on benz. I can't wait for the picture... !

PS..I talked to the ebayer about laminating it with real CF. He's just a vendor, but he knows someone who does. I would be interested if thats the case.