PDA

View Full Version : engine swap

nfs_tgb
10-31-2004, 10:41 AM
hi does anyone know if its possible to put a c250 engine in a c220 the one thing that could be a problem the c250 was auto and c220 will be manual. any info would be great

thanks tom

H3MAN
11-02-2004, 04:45 AM
i tried to do this tom,

trust me its difficult im not saying it cant happen, i got a c220 diesel without and engine and an ecu in my car, so i was thinking why not just put a c250td engine in, i had a donor car too but the fuel lines and tranny flywheel engine and ecu all had to come out and then issues about the year of the car because of the laser system, it was like back and forth to the dealership everyday for all sorts of thermo sensors and wiring to the ecu etc.

anyway finally i thought it aint worth the hassle money or anything cos no one gave me the guarantee it would start and ever since its got my curiosity that i could have done it, but u know now my c220 is on the road, i thought maybe i should have,but theres someone on this forum i 4got his name his car doesnt start because of the wrong ecu, now when u change from 220 to 250 more diesel going in so need different electric reports going into the engine and so need the c250 ecu, so as u can see the stuff is never ending, the guys at merc dealers said it couldnt be done but i dont believe them and the guy who used the ecu from the laser key i understand that because u gotta make sure its the exact same age and same model if possible,
ontop of that it makes u think then maybe should just put a new c class w203 c270cdi engine in the car if ur gona go thru the hassle and at least u know when u do the car wont be fast it will fly for a diesel at 170bhp standard and im sure when chipped a little itll reach 200bhp and for a diesel thats good stats to me....

anyway if ur gonna do this transplant let us know i wanna know how it goes, if i can help i will

kind regards

H3MAN

nfs_tgb
11-02-2004, 08:30 AM
i dout il be able to im hopeless with that sort of stuff. mite be best to sell the car for whatever it makes and start again either c220 or c250 which ever i can afford. im just a little worried c220 wont have the power but u seem to manage so i guess theres gonna be no trouble there and in my postion il have to get whatever i can afford.