PDA

View Full Version : Not sure how to explain this but....

mr. gatsbury
11-01-2004, 03:53 PM
recently I have noticed a weird problem with my car. I'm not sure what to search the forum for because I am not very mechanically inclined, don't get me wrong I've added washer fluid quite a few times in my day but this is over my head ;) Anyway, it feels like I can feel the tires spinning or the axels turning or something and I can feel it faintly in the floor. It feels like a "something spinning under the car thing" because I only seem to feel in on a rotation basis if that makes any sense. Like it speeds up the faster I go. If anyone can merely point me in the slightest direction that would be awesome.....

thanks

CKlasse
11-01-2004, 06:06 PM
Without details, you simply have to inspect tires, wheel bearings, and brakes. You might also check the rear dif.

Good luck :(

Rocky
11-02-2004, 06:05 AM
Might also have the flex disk inspected.

mr. gatsbury
11-02-2004, 06:57 AM
thanks guys, it's a shame i don't know what to look for to check. I hate to have to bring it to a mechanic for every little thing... What is the flex disk? I wish someone was out here in the New Jersey, Deleware, Pensylvania area that know's their shit and could help me with my car from time to time. If you guys come across any info let me know. I tried searching but not sure exactly what to search for...

peace,
John

Rocky
11-02-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by mr. gatsbury
thanks guys, it's a shame i don't know what to look for to check. I hate to have to bring it to a mechanic for every little thing... What is the flex disk? I wish someone was out here in the New Jersey, Deleware, Pensylvania area that know's their shit and could help me with my car from time to time. If you guys come across any info let me know. I tried searching but not sure exactly what to search for...

peace,
John

No worries mang..we all here to help.

Do a serach on the flex disk (disc?). Instead of a universale joint, MB uses a flex disk. it is attached to each end of the drive shaft. front and rear.

Also try www.mercedesshop.com for really really technical stuff.

mr. gatsbury
11-02-2004, 07:29 PM
I'll have to look into it, damn i just been really busy lately....thanks rocky I'll keep you guys posted... any other suggestions i will check also...

thanks

jnenad16
12-06-2004, 05:24 PM
my dad's car had a similar problem. do you feel any vibrations coming from underneath the car(specially from the middle)? on my dad's E500, it was the drive shaft center support bearing(but thats because he drives 150+ mph almost every day, and no speeding tickets LOL).
also like cklasse said, it could be the wheel bearings, or the tires.

nenad

mr. gatsbury
12-08-2004, 10:43 PM
thanks for the imput. I'm comming back to this thread as soon as I pin point the problem....

SLAMMED_C
12-09-2004, 07:44 PM
It could be a flex disc (or hardey disc as they are known by benz), but you would have some vibration issues with that also.. I would tend to think its the insulation rubbing on the driveshaft, not a comon problem but not rare also.
there is insulation on the inside of the trans tunnel.. where the driveshaft runs down.. it sometimes loosens off and then starts rubbing against the drive shaft.. have a look for that.

714guy
12-11-2004, 07:40 AM
the flex disk is under the car where the tranny meets the drive shaft, if you car's old or has lots of milege check it out, i replaced mine just in time. it was about to completely break apart.