PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber Interior-Who makes?

speedybenz
06-11-2003, 10:23 PM
I am intrested in a Carbon Fiber interior pieces that would replace the wood burl pieces in the stock C43.

Are those trim pieces available in real Carbon Fiber?

Jeff

jnolte
06-11-2003, 10:32 PM
speedy Benz

That is going to be very very expensive in real carbon fiber i have never seen it.

Fake ones i have seen in shops and on ebay. They run for like 300-500 dollars

pnsji
06-11-2003, 10:37 PM
Jeff,

You can try contacting MikeC220 or Steve(MBenz).
The newer (model update) CF Interior pieces from MB is easier to get than the older pieces.

jnolte
06-11-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by pnsji
Jeff,

You can try contacting MikeC220 or Steve(MBenz).
The newer (model update) CF Interior pieces from MB is easier to get than the older pieces.

Is that the real carbon fibre though Pnsji??

nokia8860
06-11-2003, 11:13 PM
The sport trim are not real. Jeff is probably familar with how it looks like off his prior model update sport package.

I do know brabus has real carbon fiber interior. Not oem but you might try contacting him about it.

Brabus
06-11-2003, 11:19 PM
Unless someone has come out with it in the last year or so, I know that there's no real CF kit for our pre lift cars...

My CF was cut, molded, and overlayed on the existing pieces. While this doesn't give perfect OEM fitment in certian places... it was the best available at the time...

You can see from this shot, even the top piece had to be split into to because it was too difficult to make it one piece.

http://12.234.61.76/albums/album74/1_3.jpg

My trim is the center consol, doors, ashtray, dash piece.

c36ryder
06-12-2003, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by Brabus
Unless someone has come out with it in the last year or so, I know that there's no real CF kit for our pre lift cars...

My CF was cut, molded, and overlayed on the existing pieces. While this doesn't give perfect OEM fitment in certian places... it was the best available at the time...

You can see from this shot, even the top piece had to be split into to because it was too difficult to make it one piece.

http://12.234.61.76/albums/album74/1_3.jpg

Brabus,
That is a nice steering wheel. I've been looking for one just like that. Where did you buy it from?

Renn 208
06-12-2003, 08:26 AM
Jeff,

Talk to Run.EXE as he's the CF interior monster. He had all of his stuff fabbed by a guy who goes by feather carbon. Basically, send in the parts, thomas makes them (overlay or full replacement), then everyone benefits because thomas will have a template for future parts. Club 202 rejoices, birds sing, the sun comes out.

I trust you're doing this one just for looks unless you plan on getting CF door panels made? I don't recall the plastic/laminated wood pieces being at all heavy.

jnolte
06-12-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Brabus

How much did that cost???? so that is all custom???

speedybenz
06-12-2003, 09:44 AM
Renn208,
I trust you're doing this one just for looks unless you plan on getting CF door panels made? I don't recall the plastic/laminated wood pieces being at all heavy.

I guess my vanity has shown through.

Jeff

Brabus
06-12-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by c36ryder
Brabus,
That is a nice steering wheel. I've been looking for one just like that. Where did you buy it from?

It's a Victor wheel... I don't think they sell it anymore.

Check here. (www.eris-car.de)

It was around $1000 new.

Brabus
06-12-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
How much did that cost???? so that is all custom???

Yes in deedy... :p

kodiak
06-12-2003, 11:02 AM
Brabus- your car is a 95 right? I like the two tone accents you have done- glovebox, armrest, etc. I did you just order the ash interior pieces from MB?

~dnm

Brabus
06-12-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by kodiak
Brabus- your car is a 95 right? I like the two tone accents you have done- glovebox, armrest, etc. I did you just order the ash interior pieces from MB?

~dnm

All the two toned was a rewrapping project that included the seats, glove box and center arm rest. It's all new/different leather. Not OEM. :p

CKlasse
06-12-2003, 03:03 PM
There is always a local guy who fabricate CF. In many cases, fiberglass fabricator also does CF. As far as two tone leather... try Catzkin.com. I got a grey/black tone... and beginning regretting it. I wish I wouldve gone with black and white like brabus did.

That interior is tasteful