PDA

View Full Version : ABS light coming on while braking...

black99
11-09-2004, 12:45 PM
it goes off immediately when I let up on the brakes and I feel absolutely no difference in braking. Anyone have a clue what it could be?

Gary

renerodz
11-14-2004, 05:14 AM
Check the break light switch. It is behind the break pedal, easy to replace and it is cheap.

Hope this help.

Rene

Rocky
11-14-2004, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by renerodz
Check the break light switch. It is behind the break pedal, easy to replace and it is cheap.

Hope this help.

Rene

I second that.

SLAMMED_C
11-21-2004, 06:51 PM
I think the aBS light comes on if the brake fluid level in the resservoir is low.. maybe while braking the level drops down enought to make the light some on then go off when not braking?
check reservoir for fluid level.. maybe you need a brake job or fluid level topped up?
if it was the brake light switch, the ABS and ASR light would be on all the time.

jnenad16
12-04-2004, 03:09 AM
i had a same problem happen to one of my customers E420, it was a falulty abs modulator solenoid relay.its located on the abs modulator itself, just remore the black cover and you will see two relays, its the one other than the metal one. however, get the system scanned first, and if the fault code pops up saying something about the abs solenoid relay, than change it.

nenad