PDA

View Full Version : KLEEMANN Speed Sensitive Suspension

98c43amg
11-15-2004, 05:26 PM
Anyone running KLEEMANN Speed Sensitive Suspension? It's not as much as I thought and I'm considering it. I'd love to hear any informed replies.
:smoke:
Thanx much.

albanianbenz
11-15-2004, 06:55 PM
how much can u get it for

98c43amg
11-15-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by albanianbenz
how much can u get it for

Price on the Car & Driver C55S8 review was a little low @ $1200. Active dampers & springs are more like $2000 together, then add labor.

Ashkan's C280
12-03-2004, 05:02 PM
sow hat happened with this

98c43amg
12-03-2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
sow hat happened with this

Basically, either noone on any board runs them, or was willing to offer their opinion ; so may not think they were worth the cost.

What really turned me off spending $1200 on the choks is that Rancho [and other] shocks I can buy for $50 to $75 for my Jeep describe themselves the same way -- speed sensitive, self adjusting, tight on turns on the road but compliant off road, yada yada yada.

Someone from either the speed shop or Kleemann directly is going to have to offer me a pretty good description of how their shocks justify me spending 5X more. So I'm in a holding pattern.

:confused:

Ashkan's C280
12-03-2004, 06:58 PM
would these really be better than bilsteins or koni?

98c43amg
12-03-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
would these really be better than bilsteins or koni?

...well I'd expect it would be obvious you're ask'n the wrong guy ... ;) ... that's the whole point of why I'm ask'n. Try'n to find someone who runs them and can provide an informed opinion.

speedybenz
12-06-2004, 08:23 PM
All shock damping is speed sensitive, from the lower dollar shock you could buy at Walmart to Penske and Ohlins.

The rate of speed that the shock shaft travels pushes or extends the shock piston, which is where the damping valves are located.

It is the same as when you are in the water and try to move faster. The harder you push the more resistance you have to overcome. The valves in the piston dictate how fast that force can take place. So at slower shaft speeds there is typically less shock damping and over big bumps the shaft moves quickly and the shock then will have more damping. By changing the valving on the shock piston you can change the shocks low speed compression or rebound damping and the same with the high speed damping.

And then it gets a little more complex as you try to taylor the shocks damping curves to suit the handling of your car and how it response to small bumps and big bumps.

Jeff